“Good food”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for dinner with my boyfriend as we are local to the area and had a delicious dinner. Friendly staff too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were staying nearby and decided to pop into The Artichoke for an early dinner. What a friendly welcome we received - from every staff member on site.

This is a dog friendly location and we will pop in again when we are next in the area.

Thank you.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We visited the Artichoke on Saturday, a family group of 9 people. The staff were very friendly. The food was great and there was plenty of it. Overall a really lovely meal in this lovely old pub. We will definitely return .

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018

we stopped at this lovely Pub on one of our walks, after a much-needed drink we had lunch both my husband and I had their Liver and Bacon which we both love, and our friend had Toad in the hole, which was so big she could not finish it all, then being really naughty we all had pudding which we all really enjoyed, Then walked some of it off walking back to Canterbury

Reviewed October 24, 2018

Went there last minute as didn't feel like cooking.
Had heard mixed reports from locals on the pub since new landlords took over.
To be honest the food was good, nothing really on the menu that made you think " Oh I'd like that", although I noted on the pubs website that they have daily specials which weren't available, also no steak which I though was a bit strange being a pub. Never the less the meals we had were fine & reasonably priced.
What was missing in our eyes was the lack of an atmosphere in the place & just little things like not being greeted when you arrive & left just standing in the pub, no light back ground music & not once did any of the staff come over to us or any of the other tables that we noticed to ask how meals were.
Apart from that I'd go back knowing what to expect this time, give it a go if you're in the area.
In the options below I've had to rate the food as very good, I'd say it was good as the other option of average is a bit unfair I think. Just my opion