“Idyllic Location”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Idyllic Location”
Reviewed August 1, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Just returned from Riversmead. It is a beautiful cottage, right on the river with a superb secluded garden. Although only 1 parking space and a walk through an adjoining property to reach it, we had no trouble parking our other 2 cars in Lower Street and carrying our luggage. We particularly liked the upstairs bathroom, kitchen and decked area. Plenty of outdoor space for the children, although surrounded by water on 3 sides. Lots of wildlife. There were just a few things we would have liked, for which we left a note with Riverside Rentals. We had a lovely week which would have been even better had it not rained for most of it!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Markyc81
“Great Cottage - Poor Service”
Reviewed June 5, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

My group and I had a fantastic time at this cottage. Very clean, wonderful views, lovely setting.

However the service after my trip has been terrible. I accidentally left behind a pair of glasses. I telephoned the office 2 hours after I had left (once I was back in the midlands). 4 weeks later and 4 phone calls later, I have had no returned item, no returned phone calls as promised several times.

I would have returned to the cottage later in the summer with my family but after having to pay out several hundred pound for new glasses, unfortunately I will not be recommending this cottage to anyone else.

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
11 Jun 2015
Thank you for the kind words about the property, and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Regarding your glasses, we have repeatedly told you that the glasses are not in the house. I am at a loss to know what else to do or say. If as you say this and this alone warrants 1 star then I am very sorry.

Kind Regards

Richard
Riverside Rentals
Alimalli...
Norwich, United Kingdom
“So relaxing!”
Reviewed March 23, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I stayed here with friends as a birthday treat. We were not disappointed. Spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated. A great place for bird watching and watching the world go by. I'm not sure if parking in the summer may be a bit tricky as there is only one allocated parking space, but the house sleeps 8?
The master suite is amazing and the steam shower is a great start to the day! There is an amazing sound system, but unfortunately we couldn't get it to work. iPod docking station is a nice addition and excellent that there is wifi access, as mobile phone signal is patchy.

The only reason I've given it 4 stars and not 5 is because I think the kitchen could have been better stocked. In other high end self catering homes I've stayed in, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, and kitchen roll etc has been left in a welcome pack , but here there was nothing here. The rental company leave t towels. Everything in the kitchen is excellent quality, but a few more utensils would've been handy. However, all these things are small inconveniences compared to the beauty of the house and it's surroundings. I live locally, but will definitely come back for a long weekend again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and tranquility
Liked least: Lack of kitchen utensils and kitchen essentials.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Pixellos
“Fantastic house, brilliant location, fabulous wildlife.”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

There is absolutely nothing to criticise about the accommodation, it's perfection. Super clean, excellent equipment, tasteful decor, lots of space inside and out, Riversmead has got it all.
The only reason why our rating is 4 is that at the beginning of our holiday there was a problem with the boat we had booked to go with the accommodation but we were given a satisfactory replacement by the agency, Riverside Rentals. Despite the initial stress due to the double booking of the boat we had a wonderful time and would love to return for another holiday.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing