Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
All reviews evening meal high standard country house hotel beautiful house roaring fire roll top bath dining room one night stay compliments to the chef lovely hotel wedding reception following morning lamb north yorkshire lovely bathroom bed and breakfast afternoon tea
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Arrived here after a long journey to peace, quiet and a warm welcome. Beautifully appointed and decorated room - as is the whole hotel -, with lovely duel aspect views over the front lawn and the countryside.
Our stay included both dinner and breakfast, both lovely meals served in a lovely wood panelled dining room. The service was excellent and for the first time in our 32 years marriage we actually ordered a most enjoyable Gin and Tonic on room service, so comfortable did we feel here.
Despite discussions with the staff I am unsure when the current owner took over, but understand that he has had considerable input into the hotel. please keep this up. you have an excellent place and staff here.

1  Thank Janine B
Reviewed May 19, 2018

A last minute booking and what a choice. The room was quiet, spacious with lovely views. So relaxing sitting in the sun trap by the pool listening to nearby braying donkeys. Dinner exceeded expectations and there was an excellent choice for breakfast. This was without doubt great value and would have been happy to have stayed longer if time had allowed.

Room tip: Top floor rooms very quiet
Reviewed May 17, 2018

The Guest House is set in a tiny village in the heart of the glorious Yorkshire countryside surrounded by beautiful garden, tennis court and swimming pool. Lovely friendly staff and clean comfy rooms and delicious breakfast. Evening meals are served but we ate at the pubs in the area. While we were there we had a power cut and our room was put out of action. To our great delight we were moved to the 'room at the top'.Fablkous!!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

I was recommended to this lovely property by a friend who had stayed earlier this year. On arrival at the hotel we were created by a beautiful country house set in a lovely location. We were created by a lovely bubbly member of staff who showed us to out very spacious room. Dinner was excellent every evening and so was breakfast with local produce. I was lazy one morning and didn't get up for breakfast but my partner did and the staff brought it to my room. I'm not sure if this was an option but was very gratefully received maybe of the management doing do it that it could be added as it was lovely to have it in the room.
In summary lovely location and facilities fantastic friendly staff would go back in an instant

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel (house) last minute as we were visiting flamingo land as a family for my boyfriends birthday with my little girl. At first we booked through booking.com, however we found out we had booked a room too small for the 3 of us and the booking.com website was a bit confusing and by time we had realised our error the only rooms left were superior ones which weren't the cheapest. Anyway I called the hotel who sorted this out straight away for us and offered us ad discounted rate on the supereior room for our troubles. When we got to the hotel we were politely greeted by the lady tending to reception, she took us up to our room, which had been upgraded to what I think was the luxury room for my boyfriends birthday. The room was absolutely beautiful and everything was spotless. There was some bottles of water and tea, coffee and hot chocolate. The surroundings of the house are gorgeous and my daughter loved the swimming pool, this is the only part for me that I would say needs a bit of a spruce up, the floor of the pool looked a little worn/dirty, but this is the only thing I can find fault with, every thing else was top notch and I would deffinatley return!

Emma