“My lovely birthday break!!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our new veranda.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Ivana B
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“My lovely birthday break!!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

I have been wanting to stay in a shepherd's hut for more than a year now and I can't believe my partner has found such a fabulous one to stay on my birthday!!! It has everything one can need. The owner has really thought of EVERYTHING!!!The weather wasn't good (the wind was extremely high) but we still enjoyed the stay and the cosyness :) I was very much surprised to find such a spacious shower in it! I honestly love it and will probably try to go there again. I definitely agree that it is the Hilton of Huts!!!!
Thanks again!!!

Liked best: Everything!!!
Liked least: Nothing!!!!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
19 Nov 2015
Ivana, what a lovely review and I'm glad you had a lovely stay even though the weather was not good.
It's surprising what you can fit into a small space and pleased you enjoyed the cosy comforts.
I would love to see you again and thank you again for your lovely review.
Lynda

PS. Thank you for leaving the hut so clean and tidy after you left - l wish everyone was so thoughtful.
Tina M
Etal, United Kingdom
“Found our perfect retreat”
Reviewed September 8, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I can only repeat what other's have said. Perfect in every way. Fantastic location, friendly owners, fabulous area.
All you need or could want is provided to make your stay perfect. Everything is of the most superb quality and spotless. Lovely ensuit with a super shower. If you need to wind down then this is the place.

Liked best: Everything
Your age range 50-64
10 Sep 2015
Tina, Thank you for your lovely review of our Shepherd's Hut. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it would be lovely to see you again one day.
Kayleighj...
“Perfect weekend away :)”
Reviewed July 21, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We loved our stay here. Spotless, beautifully decorated and it had lots of little touches which made our weekend extra special.

Amazing view to wake up to, lovely area, friendly owners too.

We would recommend to anyone. Thank you :)

22 Jul 2015
Hi Kayleigh and thank you for your lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay & look forward to seeing you both again one day.
mellor12
Cheshire, Connecticut
“PERFECT IN EVERY WAY”
Reviewed June 2, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Using the word "hut" seems to do it an injustice.
It is just super,it is spotless everything has been thought of inside to make your stay enjoyable.
The shower is very very good.
The quality from the towels to cutlery is 1st class,the towels smell divine.
The setting I do not think you can beat,you can watch the antics of the pigs for hours.
Great hosts,great location we will be returning

Recommended for:
Older travelers
3 Jun 2015
Dear Jane
Thank you for your lovely review, it means alot to get a review like yours. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Lynda Wilson
Jordan123...
“Would advise anyone to go!”
Reviewed April 7, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Had two fabulous days in beautiful settings, was made very welcome. Loved the hut and its surroundings. The pigs were very friendly too! The village is nearby. everything you need is practically a stone throws away. Will defo be back!! Yvonne

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
8 Apr 2015
Thank you for your lovely review & I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to book again any time. Lynda
jowettWin...
windermere
“Best Hut Yet”
Reviewed March 26, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My hubby and I love a shepherds hut and have stayed in a quite a few, however this is the best on yet. Love the village and the general location loads to do, The owners are lovely and friendly, there if you need them but not in your face, All the animals are great, pigs, dog and cats are friendly and make a stay to remember. The hut itself is warm and cosy, it was cold outside when we visited in March yet not inside our little retreat. Everything you need and more. Coming back soon......

27 Mar 2015
Thank you Steve and Vicky for your lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I would love to see you again sometime.
olidav8
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A cosy little hideaway in the Dales!”
Reviewed March 16, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The Shepherd's Retreat hut is a great place to spend a few nights to explore the Dales and other parts of North Yorkshire. Ripon, Masham and several other little villages are easily accessible with a 20-30 minute walk or a short drive. Great pub down the road in Grewelthorpe called The Crown which does awesome food, massive portions and really good local beers too. The landlord and lady from the pub couldn't have been more helpful and did us some great food really late on when it probably wasn't ideal.

The cabin is great, it has everything you could need for a weekend away. No problems with the cold (which it was very when we went) as there is a little electric heater that heats the whole thing up really quickly. The bed is very comfortable and plenty of room, I'm not the smallest person and it was absolutely fine for me and my gf. The pigs were great, quite funny to watch them pottering round and no hassle getting the car out past them with the use of an apple as a distraction!

Would definitely go back and would definitely recommend to other couples looking for a cosy retreat for a night or two in the Dales!

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Apr 2015
Thank you for your lovely review and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed a copy onto the Landlord of The Crown where you ate, as I'm sure they will appreciate it. Thank you again and please feel free to visit us again any time.
Lynda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing