US$99
Book now, pay at stay
US$15
Pitchup.com
All reviewsglacier overlookgrindergreat viewgrand viewcoffee beanscafe next doorthe ownerone nightmatanuska glaciergas fireplaceglenn highwaygreat propertysweet placeprivate deckwould stay here againmica guidesbeautiful flowers
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Great place. We were in the glacier overlook cabin and the view was to die for. Very roomy and clean. Enjoyed sitting out on the deck overlooking the Matanusca Glacier which we walked that day for 3 hours. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mse2511
Reviewed September 1, 2017

We stayed here on our last night in Alaska, on our way back to Anchorage. And it was the best accommodation we had in the state: two couples in a roomy two-bedroom log cabin with a fine view of the Matanuska Glacier and surrounding mountains. True, the TV was small and only had 8 channels with dodgy reception, but everything else was perfect. There were even coffee beans and a grinder for a fresh morning brew. It's quiet, set back from the Glenn Highway, and there is a wilderness trail leading from the property if you want to get away from things. You check in at the Grand View Cafe next door, and this is a very convenient place to eat--there's a short trail that connects the two properties. If you plan to spend any time in the Glacier View area, this is where to make your base.

Room Tip: The two-bedroom cabin is reached by stairs so is not wheelchair-accessible.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2017

My husband, adult son and I spent one night here the night before our Matanusca Glacier walk. We were in the upper level of a cabin. It has two separate bedrooms. Okay, I'm impressed with little things and the fact that they had bean coffee and a coffee grinder, yep, it wins points. Nice selection of teas and other warm drinks, too.

The view from the entry area/living room was amazing. See picture. It was a cloudy/drizzling evening. Looked out at around 10:00PM (daylight remember?) and there is a moose.

It was quiet, it was quaint, it was peaceful, it was charming. There is a trail behind the Grandview RV Lodge and restaurant next to this property and it is worth the short climb. You can continue up higher it you wish and that offers another lovely view.

I go back anytime.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

This was the best place we stayed in Alaska, and were disappointed we only booked one night. We rented the glacier overlook cabin, and the view was awesome. The cabin itself was so comfy and homy feeling- perfect for a couple. Maybe a little small for more, but you could decide. I was so inspired here, that I proposed to my girlfriend and now we are engaged,

But seriously, this place is great. The owners are so personable and willing to go the extra mile for you.

THANK YOU!!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2016

I stayed in the Tundra Rose cabin on the way to Valdez and in the Glacier View cabin on the way back from Valdez. Both cabins had excellent views and nice decks to sit outside on and enjoy a beverage. The cabins are comfortable, clean, and reasonably priced for what you get. There is beautiful scenery in the area and highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Tundra Rose was the smaller cabin, but for some reason I liked it better
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple