“Great meal and Service”

Lucky Dragon Chinese Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6,441 of 9,495 Restaurants in Greater Sydney
Price range: US$16 - US$28
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Ying the owner and his staff know how to look after you with great food and service.
Try the fresh steamed whole Barra and the mouth watering Duck, also if your a short soup lover like me you can't beat there's, I would highly recommend you try it.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We used to come to this restaurant every week but when it changed hands in February we didn't have a very good experience. Reviews since then we're patchy and we couldn't decide if we should return. We gave them another chance but unfortunately it did not go well. We reserved a table and requested a specific table number which I was told was already booked but I could have the one next it. We noted the new duck counter is already obsolete and was being used for storage at the entry which created a bad first impression. On arrival someone was already sitting in the table I had reserved and the one requested had a reserved sign on it. Later another couple came in and we're just given the reserved table when they asked if they could sit there. Anyway, we open our wine and pour a glass. We ordered the San Choy Bau which is now half the number of serves I.e. 2 instead of 4. We noticed many of the dishes had had their prices increased substantially. We also tried to order the prawn and bacon balls but despite being clearly still available on the menu, we were told they no longer made them. The sang Choy bay arrived and it was pork. It was tough and chewy and had lots of onion and an oily flavour. It was a let down. We heard two other tables talking to each other about being unhappy with the quality of food. We decided we did not want to proceed further so went to counter to pay. We were charged for the food and 2 X corkage of $4.50 for just having a glass that we poured ourselves. Anyway we said we weren't happy with the quality of the food and the manager said "oh well, some customers were good and some were bad". My husband proceeded to try to give feedback that it was the food that was the problem and not the customers and then said "you don't care do you?" To which the guy said no. What was very interesting to note is that Sunday night at this place was always packed and if you did not book you would not get in. This night was less then a quarter full. So for those who are wondering if to give it a go - don't, go to one of the many other fine restaurants in the area like we ultimately did and had a far better experience. It's a shame to lose a local gem, as it's the only Chinese in cronulla, we'll just wait until they go broke and try again.

4  Thank Monika S
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Sunday lunch. we absolutely enjoyed our family meal. the order was taken with a friendly smile and happy conversation .the ambience of the restaurant is tastefully decorated ,white linen table , and immaculately clean.. the food is fresh ,attractively presented and abundant servings. delicious .. we live in Bowral southern Highlands and again it was worth the trip to share a very pleasant lunch with our family at the Happy Dragon Cronulla.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Recently moved to Cronulla and always walked passed this Chinese restaurant wondering whether it was any good. My family and I are really not the type of people to complain (I am the type of person that will find a fly and a hair in my food and still pay for it) however we had ordered food it came a bit too quickly: I had spring rolls which were lovely, my partner had a pork dish which was also nice and my mom ordered lamb pancakes which came as like a flavourless lamb 'stew' in a soggy pancake. We ordered wine which was really nice and came quickly. Although we were still eating our starters and the waitress was trying to take our plates literally from underneath us we had to say something because it was really rude and intrusive we felt (again I cannot stress enough how bad it must have been for us to intervene as we never complain)
The mains then arrived and everything was fine but just not spicy as was explained to us I had sechuan chicken, my partner had Kung pro chicken (spicy) and my mom had beef sechuan with Singapore noodles and Cambodian rice. It was all pretty average.
We had finished the main meal but we were still drinking our wine the waiter asked us if we wanted to take our wine home we only had a glass left so thought we would just finish it off there he then brought us the bill because he wanted to cash up which is fine even though they do not technically finish till 10pm and this Was at 8.45pm. We swiftly paid in cash he gave us the change and we were talking still trying to enjoy finishing off our wine, when the waiter came he Straight away and tried to take the change back when my I explained oh sorry we haven't sorted the change out the waiter (I presume he's the manager) said 'Oh dont bother then' very rudely.
Overall very bad experience will not be going back again just a shame as it is the only Chinese in Cronulla. it's Very expensive for the quality of food. Really not Impressed.

3  Thank Sadie L
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

This resturaunt is located in Cronulla.
We went for lunch, and decided to have yumcha. The food was nice, but not mind blowing.
The waiter was friendly however when it was time to make my food order, he missed all my food orders (3 dishes) so we only had 6 yumcha dishes as he did take down the other food orders from the other two people I was with, but totally missed out on my order, so I am totally dissatisfied with the service, food was lovely but the waiter needs to have "active listening skills" because if you miss any food orders, that's is going to leave an unhappy customer which I felt as soon as I left that resturaunt. Over all the food was nice but the service was poor.

1  Thank MissNomNom