All reviews ocean frontiers eagle rays great diving east end diving swim throughs grand cayman lionfish tacos valet diving washer and dryer rental car full kitchen bar and grill on site restaurant lion fish open water bedroom condo pool and hot tub
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just returned from our third stay at Compass Point and diving with Ocean Frontiers. The staff is so helpful and friendly and the resort is well suited for divers. The condos are roomy, well equipped and very comfortable. We cooked in for breakfasts as wel as most lunches and dinners. There are restaurants in the area but we find cooking relaxing and enjoyed the full kitchen. We also used daily the washer dryer and arrived home tonight with almost everything clean. It's a short walk from the condo to the dive boat which we love. The staff is very welcoming and professional. Having stayed elsewhere, Compass Point has spoiled us for any other resort on Grand Cayman.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lazonia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was my first trip to the Cayman Islands and knowing nothing about where to stay but knowing that the trip was intended to enjoy scuba diving, searching the internet I located Compass Point. It seemed to have all of the basic requirements for the perfect trip and it certainly was. We wanted a kitchen in order to avoid needing to go out to restaurants and Compass Point offered a full kitchen fully stocked with any cooking utensil we needed. Waking up to the sunrise just outside the balcony was wonderful. The resort is very quiet at night which we wanted, it was a bit of a drive from the airport and most shopping but was well worth it. I do recommend stopping at the grocery store before arrival and pick up the basic necessities. The condo comes with a roll of paper towels, laundry detergent for one quick load but no fabric softener. They also supply facial tissue and toilet paper but you may want to pick up a few rolls of your preferred brand versus the hotel quality that they supply. The diving was the best I have ever experienced. The dive boats are literally just outside your door. The staff was very attentive and all were well trained and very concerned for your safety while diving. The 4 dives we took with Ocean Frontiers, the dive operation associated with the resort were absolutely beautiful and better than I could have imagined. There are approximately 55 dive sites on the east end and I can hardly wait to come back to see more. If you are not interested in the crowds and want a nice relaxing vacation centered around scuba diving, Compass Point is the place to stay. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara N
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just spent a week at Ocean Frontiers, Compass point Dive Resort at East End, Grand Cayman and simply put, could not have had a better time! EVERYONE, from reservations, to check-in, to dive masters, to their in house professional photographer were TERRIFIC. I was in a one bedroom ocean front condo that was BEAUTIFUL, well stocked, spotlessly clean with a breathtaking view. They have a nice beach and two wonderful pools. The valet service diving was professional, safe, fun and some of the best dive sites. Every morning I'd stop by the office to find out which dive boat I was on, walk down the dock and was immediately greeted with a big good morning, followed by this is where your gear is and it's all set up for you. They just make it so easy and pleasurable. I was on a two tank dive every morning except my last day, last Wednesday when I booked the all day three tank safari which included a stop at Kaibo Yacht Club at Rum Point for Lunch. When I checked out I was given a recap of my diving for the week which included the dive site info of each day with information of who our dive master and boat captain were each day. Just nice for filling in your dive log. It was nice that you got a discount on the additional cost of nitrox the more days you dove with it. Started out at $12.00/tank and ended up at $8.00/tank. At the end of each dive day they take your gear, clean it, rinse it and stow it so it's on the boat, ready to go the next day. Bottom line.....a TOP NOTCH operation from top to bottom. Highly recommended. Everyone I've had the pleasure of diving with on Grand Cayman has been great and Ocean Frontiers, Compass Point ranks right up there at the top!

Room Tip: No bad rooms, even the ones "across" the road are very close and should have a great view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank stevenreichman
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our room was 10 yards from the dive shop and overlooked the water and pier. We'd walk downstairs after having breakfast on our patio and check in with the dive shop. They'd tell us which boat we were on and we'd walk down the pier, get on the boat and the crew would say, "good morning Mr. & Mrs. 'X'; your dive gear is set up right here." After the first day we didn't even wear shoes. Just an u/w camera in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. It was just too easy!

If you're looking for jet skis, parasailing, night life, etcetera this is NOT the place for you! If you want quiet time with your spouse (free cabanas on the property on the beach), this place is awesome!

Room Tip: get a room on the ocean side; the folks across the street party all night in the hot tub and don't have a view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I just came back from a week long stay at Compass Point. I found the resort perfect for a dive vacation and will return again. If you are not a diver, this is probably not the place for you. This was my first time staying here. My family has a timeshare and we usually stay at Morritt's up the road. The rooms were spacious, clean and the murphy beds in the living room are a perfect touch. I wish more places had them.

If you are not a diver there is not much else to do here. They do have ocean kayaks, bikes and two pools but there is not a real "beach." There is a nice beach a few yards away that you can go to though. I loved the washer and dryer in the units as well as the grills. I am looking forward to my next trip. Sam and Michelle were very helpful at the front desk too.

It is very important to have a car when you stay here. We went to the food store and cooked in a few nights but we also went to Vivine's, Tukka and Over Edge for dinner as well. I recommend all of these (see my other posts for specifics on these). We went to Tukka's for the sunday brunch. It was $29.99CI for the brunch and the food was amazing!!!

If you can get a chance to dive the North Wall I highly recommend it. Ocean Frontiers offers a Safari dive that is 3 tanks and takes you to the north wall by boat. We did this trip once and it was good however we find it better to drive to the west end and use operators on that side. We have used Wall to Wall Diving and Living the Dream. Both are amazing dive operations with only 6-8 divers per boat. We usually dive with ocean frontiers in the am, then drive to the west side for afternoon dives on the north wall or vice versa. It works out really well.

I don't have any complaints just two suggestions. 1) It would be nice if they mopped the rooms each day, every other day or even just halfway through your stay. As of now they just empty the trash, which is helpful but the floor gets dirty too. 2) It would also be nice to have a small fitness center but I realize that since it's a dive resort, it may not be ideal. I tried to go for a run twice and was chased by dogs so that ended my "working out." Maybe just a treadmill or two and some free weights, Nothing too fancy but something.

Overall, I look forward to coming back to Compass Point. Grand Cayman is one of my favorite dive destinations. Everytime I leave, I can't wait to go back and staying here made it easy to dive!!!!!

Room Tip: 1 bedrooms have 1 queen and two twin murphy beds. 2 bedrooms have 2 queens and 2 twin murphy beds.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family