“The chef makes the experience.”

Siolim Cooking School
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Siolim
More attraction details
Owner description: Siolim cooking school was born out of a passion for tropical flavors and foreign cuisines. It offers a fascinating insight into Goan life, faiths and culture through learning about its food, cooking and culinary myths.Participants learn about the exotic spices and blends used in every day Goan dishes, and actively prepare the generous feast that will then be enjoyed together.Class teachings and discussions are relaxed and friendly and held in the elegant ground of the boutique hotel Little Siolim. Discussions include specific references to the role of food in Goan society and its ceremonial use and religious importance.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I booked this course in low season as I was desperate to do a cooking course during my stay in Goa. For 2200 rupees I would of rethought my decision but the experience was worth it because of the fantastic lady that taught us. I learnt so much about indian food as a whole and some really great ways of cooking using different ingredients. Thank you so much for the experience.

1  Thank NatashaCurrell
"assistant"
"boats"
"freshness"

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed this cooking experience. We were lucky as there was only the two of us in the class. We learnt lots of tricks and came away with fabulous recipes to try at home. The lady and her daughter were so friendly with lots of stories about Goan lifestyle and as a teacher they filled me in about local schools too. We helped in the preparation and cooking and the end result was yummy! It is not a big kitchen restaurant with fancy appliances but rather well suited to its surroundings of a more traditional experience. Thank you and would recommend it to others! Ps. Go with an empty tummy as the amount of food made is huge!

1  Thank Debbie J
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We attended this "course" but all it was was watching a lady cook for 3hours. It was so disappointing as I am an enthusiastic cook and really wanted to learn how to cook Goan food. For two people it cost £50, it was a complete waste of money and would not recommend this demonstration.

6  Thank Kay J
Reviewed August 5, 2013

it was fun and Learnt a lot of tricks and tips on cooking goan authentic food!
Gina was our cook and she helped us understand each dish meticulously.

Tip: Make sure you add only the amount of spices/chilles your stomach can handle! he he

Fish dishes were a speciality!

2  Thank Shital K