Review of Casa Letizia

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

dgclick
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Requires upgrade and deep clean”
Reviewed November 19, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

We thought we had carefully chosen this property with its authentic look and were very much looking forward to staying there.
After picking up the key the reality hit home immediately.
There was a damp musty smell and a very clammy sticky feel on anything you touched, the shower was completely disgusting as was the fridge,cooker hood, kitchen cupboard etc. (See photos) it was in fact a health hazard
We had so much been looking forward to our Venice trip and the disappointment was so great that my wife actually burst into tears.
I contacted the proprietor directly and advised him we would be unable to stay there. Almost immediately his mother and Father, who stay right next door and are the key holders, came to the door and walked in they looked unhappy at our complaint said a few things but I have very little Italian so I do not know or remember what was said but they were more quiet and left after I showed them a few of the photos I had already taken on my phone. Both myself and my wife were uncomfortable in the situation.
The owner did not reply to my texts from that point and I was forced to contact booking.com directly.
They were very helpful and contacted the proprietor. We were booked for 5 nights and they negotiated and suggested I accept his offer that although we were not staying there at all, I would be charged for only one night.
I accepted this as a quick resolution and allow us to move on.
We then left immediately having spent less than two hours in the property to try and find somewhere more acceptable, which, thankfully, we did. (although at considerable extra expense to ourselves.)
Unfortunately the proprietor proceeded to charge the full amount for the five nights to my card.
On our return home I contacted him to refund the amount back to my card, he was either unable or unwilling to do this so I had to involve the credit card company to resolve this for me.
They did get a refund from him for the four nights but unbelievably and very ironically, he added a €50 cleaning fee to what I have actually paid.
I contacted him by text to check it wasn't a mistake. He replied he had done it as compensation for losing four nights rent.
I will not be chasing this €50 as far as I am concerned this matter is now at an end.
As I am in the public service industry I know the value of good customer service and always prefer to write a positive review in fact I have never written a view like this before but I feel it is my duty on this occasion to warn unsuspecting travellers.
Sorry to go on a bit.

Photos are also published

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these City of Venice hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing