All reviews olive oil local produce roman villa special place bread recommend this place take care we've stayed prize winning local area stayed nights local bar traditional style hidden gem attention to detail raul hospederia
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

My two days stay at La Era was truly lovely.
The hotel is well decorated, capturing the rural ambiente using only traditional materials and original handcraft.
The food is excellent, ecological and cooked with care.
Most importantly the two owners who take care of the place are really nice.
I truly recomend it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed either side of city trips to Seville and Granada with the intention of relaxing and that's exactly what you get here in this charming and peaceful hotel with the most wonderful and welcoming hosts.

Dinner at the hotel is worth it as they serve up delicious locally sourced dishes - all served with some of the best local olive oil that we fell in love with!

There's roman ruins nearby and towns to visit if you like but we were enjoying the sunshine and pool so much that we didn't venture further than the town and the local bar (which is incredibly cheap by the way) during our stay as we enjoyed ourselves so much. So quiet at times here you can really switch yourself off.

Always had lovely chats with the hosts and they even did some laundry for us which was a big help.

I couldn't recommend this place any more and would come back in a heartbeat!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2017

On a long walking trip in Andalucia this was the most extraordinary place we stayed in. We assumed it was a converted ( very large) finca - but if we understood correctly it is a new build - but in a traditional style. The attention to detail is astonishing. It is a project for life for the young couple who run it. We wish them all success with it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in December. The building and room were beautiful, in a traditional style and even had candles to light the way up the stairs.
Excellent welcome and service throughout, great breakfasts including smiley faces made from the fruit!
On the evening we are at the hotel very tasty and a brazier under the table to keep us warm. Wonderful

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2016

We had a great trip through southern Spain. However, our trip to Granada was tough - the city was loud and busy and the hotel not the best. The same night we arrived in Granada we decided we have to leave the very next morning (sorry Granada, I am sure you have many things to offer but it wasn't for us). So my partner stayed up all night to find a quiet place further north... and after long hours of searching found "La Era" in Almedinilla. With high hopes we drove there the next morning... and oh my God it was just perfect. The place is beautifully renovated, the owners Raul and Davinia (I hope I spelled her name correctly :)) are extremely helpfull, welcoming and caring. We felt comfortable right away. The rooms were perfect, the little town sleepy (perfect for us) and quiet, the surrounding nature had a rustic charme. The food (cooked by Raul) was excellent. Davinia speaks English more or less fluently so we could ask her anything and she would tell us a lot about where to go (and not to go) and with a lot of care presented each day the breakfast explaining where the food comes from (most is homemade which we loved) and so on. And if by this point you might think "that's too close and personal", don't worry, they also give you all the space you need. I culdn't find a single flaw and was actually a little sad when we had to leave. I hope we can return one day. Thanks again Davinia and Raul!

Room Tip: While all rooms are great I recommend the very top floor ones, nice view, excellent design.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple