All reviewsstayed herein towntoastmy husbandjuicecomfortable bedsnext morninghotel chainwould definitely stay here againnice treathard boiled eggswonderful hotelgranolahot itemsstaff was very friendlyfree popcorncanalta
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

Was a very relaxing trip. My husband was working so they were kind enough to let me stay in the room longer. Had our dog with us and there was no smells of other animals in the room. Very quiet and the lobby staff are extremely friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Grandma,
Thank you for all the wonderful comments my team and I truly appreciate the great stay you had here at the Canalta Oyen. We work very hard and diligently to provide our guests with a good and comfortable stay. We do look forward to your return.

Thank You Again!
Gloria Pomeroy

Reviewed November 27, 2017

Considering this is really the 'only' mainstream hotel option for a very far driving distance, they do a decent job.
The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient both at arrival and checkout. The room we stayed in felt large and had all the amenities we needed - microwave, fridge, iron/board, comfy bed, lots of pillows. The room and bathroom were modern (it IS a very new hotel) and the bathroom was very clean.
They serve a nice complimentary breakfast from 6-10 on weekdays with several hot items, including a waffle maker, and the day we were there they had a hot tray with french toast and sausages. There was a decent granola bar with yogurt and a fruit mix, which made up for the muffins/pastries - although there was a decent assortment, they weren't delightfully fresh. Other items included some fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, cereal, coffee, juices, etc.
Really, the only disappointing aspect was the general cleanliness of the common areas. The grand 'front entry staircase' was dusty and in need of a good vacuum both when we arrived at 3:30, and still the next morning when we left. Likewise, the hallway carpets could have used a vacuum and perhaps a steam cleaning too. But, as I noted earlier, the room that we stayed in was very clean.

Room Tip: A west-facing window offers a nice prairie view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear guest,
The team of the Oyen Canalta would like to thank you for the review. It was an extreme pleasure to have your family as guests at the hotel.My team and I apologize
for the front area and your concerns have been addressed. We do look forward to your next visit with us.

Thanks again
Gloria Pomeroy

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

After staying at some rather quaint motels in the Alberta prairies, it was a nice treat to arrive at the Canalta Oyen. Room was spacious and clean. Good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Thank you very much for the lovely review of the your stay at the Canalta Hotel in Oyen. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our facility and found our staff to be friendly. I will be sure to share your comments with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Cheryl Herron

Reviewed October 1, 2017

I am very late with this review. Guess better late than never!!! Our stay at Canalta Oyen was great. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast was delicious!!! Cleaning staff did a wonderful job on keeping our room clean for the 5 nights we stayed there. We were there to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Thank you once again for all your help!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

The team of the Oyen Canalta would like to thank you for the amazing review. It was an extreme pleasure to have your family as guests at the hotel. We look forward to your return!

Cheryl

Reviewed August 13, 2017

. Staff was professional and courteous. Unfortunately this was the only hotel in the area so our choices were limited. Very modern and our room was spotless except for the dirty socks someone left on the floor beside my bed. Everything appeared new and it was a well appointed room. The bed was very comfortable but a little hard for my liking but I slept well. The showerwas great and there was lots of lotions in the bathroom.

Now the disappointing part. They advertise a good breakfast and I thought that that might justify the $170 knight for a hotel in the boonies with no hot tub or pool. (they do have an exercise room).. The breakfast consisted of ,porridge ,toast, and sausages, there were no eggs. There was no one in attendance in the room and another guests was complaining about the lack of breakfast. We went into town to eat. . This hotel in my opinion was overpriced for what they offered.
I will not go to another Canalta in my many travels..

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
CanaltaOyen, General Manager at Canalta Oyen, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding your recent stay at the Oyen Canalta. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my team members to ensure we do not have this situation in the future. Our number one focus is to ensure great customer service and clean rooms for all of our guests. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Oyen.