“A long wait to be very disappointed.”

Curry Leaf - Indian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 10 Restaurants in Helensville
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 12 November 2016

We ordered online for a takeaway delivery, although the restaurant is only about a kilometre away. We were quite accepting of the 45 minute wait mentioned when we ordered. About an hour later a strange car came down our driveway, paused, then backed out again. No food. We phoned the restaurant and were told "He's on his way". I think not, another hour passed before the food was delivered. It was cold. The paper bags which had bread in them were soaked in oil, and gave the appearance of food that had been sitting for some time. Perhaps we wouldn't have waited so long if we had phoned in our order, perhaps the whole experience would have been different if we had dined in the restaurant. If this in not the case, I am struggling to see how this business is still open. I certainly won't be using it again.

1  Thank Denise A
There are newer reviews for Curry Leaf - Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Been there twice already. It's a great, peaceful and fine restaurant with a reasonable price and perfect amount of food. The staffs there always check how you are doing and make sure you are being taken care of. Had lots of laughter with them. It's a great place to go and definitely worth the trip to drive a to quiet and nice place to have a meal. 5 stars for food, staff and atmosphere provided there!

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Unless you are very hungry don't make our mistake and order entrees.
My samosas were huge and would easily have served two people. They were tasty but I didn't like the shredded dry cabbage they were served on.
My husband found his onion Baja dry and lacking flavour as well as being only lukewarm.
However the mains made up for it. My yellow dal was well flavoured with cumin and coriander and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband's lamb korma was a bit too creamy for me but he enjoyed it.
I would be happy to go back.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Ate lunch here and I had an okay lamb curry. The service was a little slow considering we were the only people eating in the place. The meal was nicely cooked

Reviewed 25 February 2016

The meals were sort of a bit lacking but came with plenty of rice. There were no other dinners so the service was very prompt.