“Give it a miss”
Review of Art Stop Cafe

Art Stop Cafe
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Helensville
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Slow service and pretty rude about it. I've tried a few times now and staff make it clear they'd much rather be chatting to each other than serving customers.

Food at each try was below average.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

Incredibly slow and disinterested service, poor food and the place, as others have observed, just looks a bit sad.

No reason to go here.

1  Thank sinbarambam
Reviewed 1 April 2015

This is an unusual place. And it's where we learned how in NZ you order at the counter, they bring your food, and you pay at the counter without seeing a cheque. Food was excellent, service almost non-existent, odd decor and a few running, screaming kids playing amongst the tables. And yet, I'd go back. Nice people, great food, good value.

Reviewed 29 March 2015

Very poor service. Arrived at 2.20 to find place empty and the kitchen stopped serving at 2. There was very little food in the cabinets, and the food had flies buzzing around it. When I read from the sign that the kitchen closed at 2, the chef came out, stared at me, said nothing and went back to the kitchen. I asked if there was anywhere in town where I could buy food and the staff said they didn't know. Another customer came in and asked about if there was Wifi anywhere in Helensville and the staff said they didn't know.

As I left, I saw a free Spark wifi box and a Pita Pit as well as a supermarket directly across the road. Not sure where they dug up the staff, but they shouldn't let them out as the staff here were my only experience of Helensville people and they were passive aggressively rude.

Reviewed 7 March 2015

For a long time a trip to the Art Stop Cafe was one of the major reasons for going to Helensville. This afternoon we dropped in, eagerly anticipating some afternoon tea. What a disappointment. First we were ignored for a little while while the person on the front desk finished making coffee for someone else. After a couple of minutes she finally said - "I'll be with you in a little while". The front counter was tacky with food remnants and was unpleasant to touch. Tables covered with used dishes. We had a brownie and what was supposed to be a date scone (it was sultana). Asked for scone to be heated up and it turned up on a hot plate and it a sea of butter!. Both butter and scone had been heated in the micro. More butter was brought - but to tell you the truth - nothing was going to save the scone. It was doughy and stodgy - but was famished so ate it. Brownie was dry and not worth getting fat for. Such a pity - this used to be such a great place to stop - we won't be back. Coffee ok.