“Wish I’d been there longer!”

Jalapeno Eatery & Market
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Playa Negra
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Costa Rican
Description: Familiar, friendly, fun and casual restaurant with a variety of fresh, local and organic .We serve delicious, fresh and healthy food. Our tortillas are rolled by hand with no lard or Manteca added. Our home-made hot sauce has become famous for its great flavors and a secret recipe of mixed species for our meats
Reviewed January 24, 2018

First meal we were starving and tired from driving. Food was excellent. I had a quesadilla (like I’ve never had before) my daughter had a burrito. Next morning I had the American breakfast...crispy bacon and great hash browns!
We had smoothies which were wonderful. Next meal I went with the salad Mike recommend and was not disappointed....I missed out on the nachos which I’m still regretting. Overall no meal was a miss. Wonderful fresh food and great service. A definite do not miss if you are in the area. Thank you Mike for overlooking my tipping disasters . You and Keilyn are the best hosts! I’ll be back one day!

Reviewed January 24, 2018

This is hands down the best food I've had in Costa Rica, and maybe anywhere else. All of the food is high quality, fresh, delicious and prepared with intention and love.

Great vegetarian options and with awesome local coffee and fresh juices as well. Worth the drive to beautiful Playa Negra even if you aren't staying here!

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

Whether you’re a first time or return visitor to this beach and surf area, you will know that some days you’d like to just have something a little special. We enjoyed and appreciated the great food (Burritos! Smoothies) and friendly staff and managers at this cafe. The dishes had an elegance to them and the place was spotless. I also picked us a pineapple and some coffee beans for our vacation home - all great quality. See you next time!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

This place is a must go to when you're visiting Playa Avellanas and Playa Negra. Ended up going three different days because we were so impressed with our first meal. Everything was so fresh and tasteful! Will be sure to stop here again on our next visit!

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful little restaurant. Service can be a bit slow, but well worth the wait for food this good! Be sure to try the Roasted Garlic Habanero hot sauce!