Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
1,407 results
All reviewsdeep endlagoon villaplunge poolour honeymoonflight pathdegrees restaurantwater sportsheaven on earthmale airportrose petalsfishsunset cruiseclose to the airportchocolate cakeout of this worldspecial thanksthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2012

One of the most beautiful and relaxing island resorts I've ever stayed at. It is impossible to take a bad photo on this island . Every inch is paradise . Staff are very attentive and eager to help .

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank MofSydney
KunalArya, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us great joy in reading your review posted on Trip Advisor post your recent stay with us for your honeymoon. We have shared your feedback with everyone at the resort and they are very happy to have received your positive comments.

You would be pleased to know that Trip Advisor has bestowed on Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives 2nd year running the “2012 Traveller’s Choice Award” under the Number 1 Resort in Asia, and ranked Number 4 Worldwide.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives soon maybe to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with us.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

It took us four years to determine whether we preferred the Taj Exotica to the Soneva Fushi. We are still unsure, so we must just continue with two love affairs.But when it comes to overall friendliness and kindness of managenent and staff, Taj is unbeatable. We don't know how they manage to train everybody to guess your pteferences, but they will do their utmost to please a guest, and if you are a repeat client, they remember you and one feels enchanted.

Room Tip: the deluxe beach bungalows gives far more beach life than the water bungalows
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CLAUDE B

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We are delighted to have received your review post your fourth visit at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives. We have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are also very happy to have received the same. We are certain that this will assist us in achieving higher standards of excellence in future.

It gives us great pleasure to read that repeat guests such as yourselves are enchanted with friendliness and kindness of managenent and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back and to a long continued love affair with our island paradise.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

One of the most beautiful properties I've visited. We chose to spend our honeymoon at Taj Exotica and couldn't have made a better choice.
Besides being an extremely beautiful island - the service was outstanding. For the 5 days we were on the island every single staff member knew our names and the fact that we were spending our Honeymooon at this resort. They all took extra care to make it special.
Our butler 'Hussain' was super awesome. He made sure that our stay was amazing and comfortable. We didn't have to worry about any arrangements - he was just a phone call away.

Some more:
Spa is brilliant - we took 2 different treatments here and loved it.
In room dining/food service is brilliant - The menu is vast and service is quick.
24 degrees was my favorite dining venue apart from the villa.
The Equator bar is beautifully set and a drink @ the time of sunset is just a must.
I wasn't a big fan of 'The deep end' though. It was good but didn't blow me away. (It is tough to impress New Yorkers with food ;-))

Note:
One thing I was not expecting (for the lack of research on my part) was families with Kids.
There was one family with kids living on the Over Water bungalow right next to us. Not the best scenario for a honeymoon couple ;)
I would recommend the hotel to assign only some specific rooms to the families with kids. Works better for all.
But amazing otherwise.

We will definitely visit back and recommend to all our friends!

Finally I'll leave with a few "must Do's" on the island:
1) A drink at the Equator bar at the time of the Sunset
2) Breakfast @ 24 degrees - Try all ranges of food over you stay.
3) Interactive asian/japanese food @ 24 degrees
4) A private dining of your choice
5) A Jiva spa treatment
6) The morning free yoga session at the Spa

Room Tip: If you are looking for privacy - Request for an Over Water Bunglow farther away ( or closer to the rehendi suite).
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amalpani
KunalArya, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are very happy that you chose our resort for your honeymoon and we were able to make your stay special. We have shared your positive feedback with Hussain your butler and the entire team at the resort who are delighted to have received the same.

It gives us great joy to read that you enjoyed the interactive Teppanyaki dinner, sunset cocktails at Equator Lounge, the yoga session in the morning and the relaxing massage at the award winning Jiva Grande Spa.

In the month of November 2011, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives was hailed as “TOP GOURMET GETAWAYS IN MALDIVES” by the Conde Nast Traveller.

Once again thank you for your review and for recommending our resort to your friends and family. We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

stayed here from 14th to the 19th jan2012.

I dont know where to begin and where to end. from the time to get out of the airport and reach the taj counter from that very moment the experience of a life time begins.

friendly staff , great rooms , excellent lagoon , 5-star food and i could go on and on..

if you have to money to splash this is a great place to visit..

would recommend at least 6 days..

the dive center is very very good.. friendly people and they give genuine advice.. most importantly what ever you do safety is their first and fore most concern..

visited the taj from the 14th jan to 19th jan and my stay was sooooo sooo memorable..

thank you every one at the taj exotica maldives for making our stay so so memorable..

Room Tip: go for the deluxe lagoon villa..
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chin-kong

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

Thank you for taking the time and posting your review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed each and every moment of your stay and were very impressed with the Dive Center. We have shared your feedback with the Dive Center team and the entire team at the resort who are also pleased to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise sometime soon in the future for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Taj Exotica in July 2011. Sorry readers for the delay in posting this review a lot has happened since my return. I'm now reflecting on our holiday which we shared with our friends and can I say the Taj Exotica Resort Maldives is still so fresh in our minds. From the minute that we were greeted at Male Airport to the minute we left the Taj we were totally spoilt by the wonderful staff and we'll never forget the faultless service. Where do I start? Every step of our Taj journey was truly fantastic; the greeting at the airport, the boat transfer to the Taj, the greeting when we arrived at the Taj, the warm welcome from management, our butler Hanoo and ALL the staff at the restaurants, by the pool, at the Jiva Spa. Then there's the overwater / lagoon villas with private plunge pools which were amazing and truly indulgent. The food was truly amazing as was the service. The treatments in the Jiva Spa were incredible. The yoga classes were pure bliss sitting on an overwater gazebo staring at the lagoon and watching the waves break over the reef whilst doing your stretches and poses was definitely an excellent spot to start the day with a yoga session. The Taj Exotica Resort Maldives is definitely a resort that everyone should visit at least once. My words don't really describe how beautiful the resort is and how the wonderful the staff are except that you'll have to make a booking to see what I mean. Can't wait to return, hopefully in June 2012. Thank you Giresh, Hanoo and all the staff who helped to make our holiday so wonderful.

Room Tip: The overwater bungalows with private plunge pools were fabulous. Ask for the bungalows that overlooked the Jiva Spa side.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lovetoholiday17

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday with us and will be returning soon. We have shared your feedback with your butler Hanoo, the General Manager - Mr. Girish Sehgal and the entire team at the resort. We are certain that this will assist us in achieving higher standards of excellence in future.

We are elated to share with you that Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives was awarded the “PARTNERSHIP AWARD FOR SUSTAINABLE TOURISM” which was given by the Virgin Holidays during the WTM event in London. Virgin Holidays announced the winners for this award on 7th November 2011 at the presitigious World Travel Mart 2011 hosted in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back in June 2012 for another memorable holiday.