All reviews meal plan dive shop west end dive staff apple tv meal package full kitchen personalized service guest services romance package couples massage private island grocery store dive sites main island spent a week the entire staff
Reviewed July 12, 2018

My husband, myself, and our 16 year-old son just spent a week at Barefoot. It was perfect. Starting with contact with Stephanie and Josh prior to arriving. Stephanie was always quick to answer an Email, Josh called us in the states to check on our flight information to make sure we would be picked up at the airport. He was also helpful setting up anything we needed or getting us where we needed to go. Levi met our flight, gave us a tour of Barefoot, made sure we had a welcome drink. He was very nice and informative. Ms. Liliana in the dive shop greeted me by name the first time I walked up to dive shop. Having never met me or my family I was impressed and felt very welcome. We had some of our own dive gear and rented some. The gear was quality and in good shape. The diving - amazing! So many dive spots within minutes of Barefoot. The dive crew from Liliana doing the scheduling, to the dive masters, and boat captains were absolutely top notch. Felt safe when diving and let our son go out a few times without us. Dive masters buddied-up with him and he had great experiences. Kudos especially to dive masters Danny and Steiner as well as boat captains Robert and Ricardo - they do a great job! The food was very good, but the menu could be a bit more diverse. We ate there nearly every day for two meals a day. We did go downtown a couple of times, found Barefoot meals to be as good or better than anywhere else. Service was good but a bit slow - suspect that was by design as we were all there to just relax. Pool was beautiful and clean. Villa was perfect for us and certainly could have accomodated several more people comfortably. Didn't meet anyone from Barefoot that wasn't welcoming and motivated to provide service. Barefoot is rather quiet and somewhat isolated but that is exactly what we were looking for - quiet downtime to spend together . Thank you all at Barefoot if you see this review. B

Stayed: July 2018
Eliza J, Marketing at Barefoot Cay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thank you for the review, Barbara, and we are glad you were able to have a quiet and relaxing family vacation! One of the many perks of being a boutique resort is getting the chance to really get to know the guests and provide a more unique experience that fits your wants and needs. Our dive team had a great time exploring the sites with your family! Thank you for your patience with the service at our restaurant, and we are pleased to hear you were satisfied with the accommodations, pool, food, and staff. We hope you will think of us the next time you are in need of a little R&R, diving adventure, and quality time with family!

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I’m sure like me you go and read the 1-2 star reviews first of anyplace you go. Go do so, I will wait.

First up notice how there is hundreds of more 5 star reviews and only a few poor ones? Many from years and years ago. This is because this place is fantastic.

It’s so good you almost want to leave a bad review so you can keep it to yourself.

The staff at Barefoot Cay make the place from the GM right on down the to guy driving the boat across the channel. They are all professional, caring and going out of their way to make sure you have the best time possible.

The food is fantastic- don’t like something? Let the kitchen know and you will never see it again on your plate. Want to see a world class dive site rated one of the worlds top 50? Don’t throw rocks from the palapa or you just might hit a diver there. If you want to just relax and enjoy a drink and watch the day go by this can be the place too.

My Father and I came for a dive trip and left with smiles so wide, Josh was worried about us catching bugs in our teeth on the way to the airport for the flight home.

This is a gem, I have not been to a place with such good people making sure that my every need or want was satisfied.

If you want to go to Roatan and relax or dive your brains out, look no further.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Luke K
Eliza J, Marketing at Barefoot Cay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy you and your father left with such big smiles on your faces. We had many incredible dives with you and really enjoyed all the videos you shared. Please come back and dive with us again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the Cottage for 4 nights and I wish we could have stayed longer. The staff at Barefoot Cay are so friendly and accommodating. To get anywhere around the island, call Ken.
We went to Punta Gorda on Sunday and enjoyed the Garifuna music and people.
Had dinner one night at Cal’s Cuisine. Best fried lobster ever.
Back to the resort. My husband went diving. He enjoyed the guys. It was very windy so visibility was not the best.
I would definitely recommend this resort.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Eliza J, Marketing at Barefoot Cay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thank you so much for the review! We hope to see you back at Barefoot Cay soon for more diving, exploring of the island, and hopefully a longer stay!

Reviewed May 31, 2018

I stayed at Barefoot Cay with a large group. Everything was perfection. From check-in to check-out, the staff and grounds were flawless.

We stayed in both the Dive Dorm and the Two Bedroom Ocean Front Suite. Both were amazing in their own ways.

The Dive dorm was suitable for younger people, a few bunk beds with two bathrooms attached and wooden amours for lockers. Low frills but extremely comfortable and perfect for people who would prefer to spend more money on experiences rather than accommodations. AC was ice cold and a welcome retreat after a long day of hot sun bathing.

For our last few nights we moved to the absolutely astounding Two Bedroom Ocean Front Villa. There were 4 couples, but at no time did we feel cramped or crowded even with more friends visiting for drinks etc. The rooms themselves are 5 star all the way. Comfortable beds, super cold AC with remote and a wonderful bathroom with a large shower. The two rooms are separated by a living space and full kitchen with a small patio that leads to one of the most breathtaking views I've seen.

The Villa opens up to a semi-private little beach. Lawn chairs and a hammock were close by and a small inlet was perfect for hanging out in the crystal clear warm water and watching the incredibly diverse ecosystem of tropical fish, crabs, hermit crabs and coral.

We ate most of our meals off site and in our own Villa, but the food we had at Barefoot Cay was delicious and fresh. I would suggest the Barefoot Burger with (perhaps the best I've ever had) fries on the side. Preferable eaten by the pool with a Tropical Drink or a local beer.

The best part of the entire resort however, was the staff. Attentive, but not in your way. Kind, knowledgeable and always ready to refill your Rum Punch. From Stephanie and the front desk crew, all the way to Ronnie and the bartenders/chef and even the groundskeepers, everyone had a giant smile and a hello ready whenever you saw them.

We snorkeled, we met sloths, we swam and got sun burned and saw giant schools of fish. We had an amazing time.

I cannot recommend Barefoot Cay enough. Book now, and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Dive Dorm for cheaper sleep. But if you can, go for the Ocean front Villas.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nick R
Reviewed May 20, 2018

We usually go every year to St. Martin every April. This year, due to Irma, we switched to Roatan. The Resort is sweet; great rooms; decent food, great people, but the infra-structure is a mess. Enough rain the the first 2 days to seriously hamper going anywhere on the island the rest of the trip...and, when we could go, there is really not much to see. The switch in Houston, as with any plane switch, doubles the time to get there...as really any plane change to go anywhere does. It is a scuba divers destination, as it shares the barrier reef with Belize. It is the cash cow for Honduras, is a political mess right now...but it is far enough off the coast (approx. 70mi.) not to be of any concern. We would only consider going back if they put on direct flights...maybe. You do not rent a car. Period. Hire a driver to go anywhere...they stay and wait while you do whatever you do, no matter how long. Not expensive.

Stayed: April 2018