We stayed in Feb at this hotel, hoping for a 5* experience. In honesty, I felt the overall feel was top 4* for the following reasons:
Furniture in the room was tired, needed updating.
Room was no way near as large as the other water villa we had on a different island.
The air con constantly leaked water which dripped down the slanted celing and dribbled down onto a single chair which seemed to have been strategically placed there - the system itself was so noisy it kept me awake.
Little touches that you expect in 5* - the guest comment form from the last guest was still in the room, despite me placing in out on the bed and in view, it was never taken/replaced.
Dirty plate from villa next to ours was left outside the door (and right next to our door) for over 24 hours.
Water villa (second to top category) were only semi detached so felt much less private than other resorts where they are totally separate.
Service in the pizza bar was very very slow!
Good points - bathroom was lovely, fantastic, huge bath and separate shower with great views. lots of lovely towels, regularly changed. Nice shampoo/conditioner- very big range!
Bed was very large comfortable, nicely made up and overall room looked very attractive.
Food was great, really good quality, beautifully presented. Staff in Latitude (especailly Hussein) were lovely and very kind/helpful/polite.
Island was very small, private, you didn't see people all the time so it felt peaceful.
Laundry service was excellent, super quick and very cheap compared to other places.
ideal if you can't walk far, as the island is very small and easy to get around.
Lovely clear sea and snorkelling right off the villas.
The hotel was expensive, and to be honest, I would not come back at that price. I stayed at another resort in the same 2 weeks which was also 5* (similar price) and the other one was better. If the hotel had a refresh and reworked the pricing, it would be much more appealing. I would say it's a very good 4*.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIVANTA BY TAJ. A FRESH NEW WAY TO HOLIDAY.Vivanta By Taj - Coral Reef, Maldives has all the exotic ocean views and dramatic sunsets that are de rigueur for any tropical holiday. The twist comes when you step into your villa and instead of the usual beach dcor, find a streamlined, sophisticated take on resort accommodations. Vivanta by Taj has revamped the resort experience from stem to stern and offers the ideal escape at a stunning value proposition. Divers, beach bunnies, and honeymooners - we welcome you. After you descend into Male airport, a luxury speedboat spirits you and your luggage away to Hembadhu Island, where you arrive at Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef. The resort is a diver's dream destination with numerous diving sites and it's very own 1000 year old coral-reef and shipwreck to explore. For those that prefer to stay on land, the view of the lagoon dotted with water villas is hypnotic. No matter where you travelled from, your world is about to become filled with white sand and magnificent coconut palms. Let Vivanta by Taj introduce you to bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Coral Reef Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hotel Hembadhu
- Taj Coral Reef Hotel
- Hotel Taj Coral Reef
- Taj Coral Reef Maldives
- Taj Coral Reef Resort Maldives
- Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef Maldives Hembadhu