“Disappointment all around”

Blaze Bistro
Ranked #35 of 63 Restaurants in East Maitland
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed February 14, 2017

Our experiences here are usually average to above average but last night's was disappointing. The fries that came with the two fish and chip specials were cold, they forgot to make the one kids meal we ordered, and 3 of the dishes came out wrong (we only had the heart to send back two). The menu itself sounds wonderful and fancy but the reality of it is not. I love butter, but my dish was drenched in it. Sadly we won't be coming back here for a while, no matter how much fun the kids had putting money into the various machines (although we thought the one in the corner where you get up to 10 tries or until you win is the best value for money).

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed July 7, 2015

We had a chicken dish and a crispy skin pork dish. The chicken was dry, although the marinade was tasty. The pork itself was well cooked but the skin was not crisp and it was very fatty. Pub food, not restaurant food, at restaurant prices.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed April 1, 2015 via mobile

The Blaze bistro is always good for a meal. Well priced and quality food. The place can be a little noisy but only because it's so popular. The only downside I have (and it might be a little petty to some) is that the wait staff do not have a uniform nor do they seem to have been given guidelines as of what to wear. They are all wearing such different clothes that trying to find someone who works there can sometimes be a challenge because they blend in! A waitress about 6 months ago was wearing a mini skirt, oversized fluffy jumper and boots with huge heels. It may sound petty but it's honestly the only thing that bugs me about the place. I keep going back though because the food is good.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I order from two snappy woman at the counter who had just taken an order from another person but then turned to me and said they were closed. They eventually let us order pizzas. The prawn tails were still on the pizzas and they tasted horrible. Everyone at my table was disappointed with the lack of service and poor quality food. I feel very sad to have had this experience in a place I used to love going to. Never going back. Hospitality is not about being rude to others and treating them poorly!

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I love visiting Blaze Bistro, always an excellent experience!
Service is always very fast & food is always quick to come out.

Date of visit: August 2013