eDreams
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

It's a nice hotel right next to the beach. Service is 100% excellent. Big nice yard and perfect size swimming pool. Beach is 2 minutes waking distance. Don't expect a 5 stars hotel room because it's not. Room was neat and clean. I'll definitely come back to this place and recommend it to anyone. I consider this hotel a mini resort.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2015

was visiting pedernales for a couple days and there arent many hotels to choose from. we chose this one since it looked nice on the outside and lobby. Our room was TINY! very small for 2 people. There was a double bed, cable tv and it was air conditioned. I think what I didnt like was the walls in the hotel room had several bugs squashed into the wall and the maids never cleaned them. It just felt dirty to me.
they also only gave us 1 towel for 2 people so Im glad I travelled with my own. We were only there to sleep so it was ok for that purpose.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

We visited it because we wanted to travel around Pedernales. It had enough space and the swimming pool was ok. People were nice, and the food at the restaurant was good enough. Expect to cover your needs, not higher than that.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014

First of all, if you haven't been to to the DR you need to recalibrate your expectations.
This hotel is pretty on the outside and looks rather grand, but it is really just the shell.
We had a large room with 2 double beds, OK mattresses. USual DR pillows (lower your expectations), only cold water in shower (again, standard in the DR), one bath towel for each person (seems to be standard).
Wifi worked. No food or coffee on site. There is a path out the back door to go right to the beach, but the gate was padlocked and no one could be found to open it. No really walking distance to restaurants, Malecon, etc.
If I go again, I would try Dona Chava or Hotel Pedernales.
We were able to park our car within a locked gate, but I am not sure this is neccesary

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank OyWeh
Reviewed January 31, 2014

There are not many hotels in Pedernales and Villa del Mar is one of the best values for the area. Rooms are large and clean, AC works perfectly (almost no power cuts), ceiling fans. Cable TV, a nice and clean swimming pool. Great attention from staff, a special thanks to Henry "Enrique" the Haitian and to Altagracia who did everything to make our stay as nice as possible! We stayed there 8 nights and enjoyed it a lot. The restaurant was not in function but we could use the tables and cuttlery whenever we brought food to the hotel. The hotel is very quiet, night guard on duty and they have a locked parking. Altagracia will wash and dry your clothes for very little money (nice when you traval with kids and have tons of dirty laundry!).
The whole area is rather poor but people in town are incredibly nice, you will feel safe everywhere. The beautiful beach Cabo Rojo is not too far, on the way to the unmissable Bahia de las Aguilas. Unspoiled and virgin beaches, don't forget to take drinks with you as you won't find any bar or shops there! And it can get VERY hot in that desertic part of DR!

Date of stay: December 2013