1,697 results
All reviews deluxe villas nikki beach beach club tennis courts thai restaurant molton brown toiletries orange club bahia restaurant private pool the main hotel sea view fabulous hotel kids club five star hotel mini bar great facilities short break
Reviewed August 5, 2016

My husband and I had diner in the restaurant Bahia in Don Carlos on 19th June to celebrate our wedding anniversary .We were greeted by a very friendly waiter who introduced himself as Said.He was extremely welcoming and very professional.During the course of an excellent meal we found him to be very courteous and helpful, he went out of his way to make sure we had a very enjoyable night.During our conversation we discovered he speaks many languages which must be a great asset to this beautiful hotel.The food was superb we really enjoyed our meal.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DonCarlosResort, Director General at Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear Mary,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your experience at Bahia Restaurant, we are very happy to be part of this special ocasion and to participate to make it memorable.

Thanks of behalf of Said about your special mention to him, he will receive your comments with joy.

We look forward to welcome you very soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Amazing! Just fabulous! Will be going back! Private villa pool is great And there's not even many kids screaming around like in a normal pool had a lovely meal at the hotel Thai restraint on the last night it was FABULOUS !!! I recommend the villas for anybody great service by staff letting the villa staff help for booking restraints or trips around Marbella xx

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Mary-Ann-Johnson
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Amazing trip couldn't think of anything better restraints are amazing and the beach clubs! Defiantly going back next year X The orange beach club could be updating but alround thumbs up! I stayed it a villa and thought it was lost for words amazing !!!!

Date of stay: August 2016

Dear Mary Ann,

We have no words to thank you your nice review about Don Carlos Resort.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with future guests.

We are really happy you will consider our venue for future visits to Marbella and looking forward to welcome you.

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

My husband & I visited the Don Carlos hotel for a week at the end of July. This needed to be relaxing as it will be the last one before we have our baby, so it really needed to be special & enjoyable for just us two. I was a little worried to start with as it was the kids school holidays and knew it would be extremely busy. I only though this due to a couple of reviews I had read about them not being able to cope in busy periods.... Well all I can say was this is utter rubbish! Everything was fantastic, they coped perfectly and I didn't find it very busy at all apart from around the pools in the day, but that's fine. Everything was amazing from the grounds (gardens) to the breakfast buffet to the pools, rooms and everything. Most of all the staff are so fantastic & accommodating. We booked a superior sea view room which was lovely, however our maid/room cleaner was the only disappointing thing about our stay. (I stay in hotels for work more then I stay at home.) so I'm very used to cleaning services & I always keep my things extremely tidy and in place to save them time & not too much bother, however she really wasn't up to much. Never replenished the toiletries or placed clean glasses etc. Always had to be asked to do so, which was a shame from the standard of hotel, however she did get there in the end after a lot of asking. A real shame though. Two sets of staff in particular who were fantastic were the waiter & pool staff at the orange beach club, so attentive & beach club was beautiful, and then mostly the 3 waiters at the Bahia restaurant. Said, Claudia & Gomez!!! A huge thank you to you three especially! They made every dinner perfect & made our stay amazing! We cannot thank you enough. The restaurant & food was fabulous however their service & kindness was just on another level!! They really made our stay!
We would defiantly recommend the don Carlos to anyone.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for choosing Don Carlos in your last visit to Marbella.
We are very happy to know that you have had a memorable stay since this is the reason of our work.
Thank you also for your special mention of Said, Claudia and Gomez, I will pass your comment to them, gesture like yours make us very proud of our profesion and encourage us to keep working to offer guests an unforgetable stay.

In regards of the maid service I will check what had happened since this is not our standar.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon with your baby this time!.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

I hate to start off a review with bad news. We reached this hotel at 9:30 in the evening after a day of touring. I asked to see the available rooms, one with a sea view, one with a view of the front of the hotel. When the reception person, Laura , took me to the first room on the opposite wing from the reception desk I could not help noticing the wear on the hotel. The floor on the ground floor of that wing was carpeted. The room I was shown was shabby except for obvious wood work on the bed headboard and doors and trim. The bathroom lacked space. On the way down and out of that wing a large roach was on the carpet in front of us. Laura saw the bug and made a comment and sidestepped it. She made no attempt to dispose of or called anybody to do the same. She continued taking me to the other wing, behind the reception desk so to speak. The ground hallway was done in marble and appeared newer in all respects. The sea view room on the 4 th floor was clean and fresh, same small bathroom, however at the late hour the obvious choice. The hallways are not air conditioned, common in Marbella hotels. What was really upsetting was the breakfast the next day. The management and wait staff at breakfast are superb. The selection for breakfast also on par for a five star. What ruined breakfast for 3 days running was the fact the room is open to the outdoors, no air conditioning to speak of that cools the large indoor room, and an invasion of flies on the food on the buffet and at the table while you are eating. There is no extra charge on the beach, Orange beach club, for chaise and umbrellas. The running problem there seems to be the war between the massage hut, between Orange and Nikki Beach, and the strolling Asian massage peddlers. There is a large sandwich board in front of Orange Beach club warning hotel clients about "Spanish" law regarding unhygienic massages. Worse, a large fight broke out and the police had to be called when a hotel patron decided to have an " illegal" massage and the massage hut guy freaked out and got another hotel patron involved. Too much drama. We moved to a nicer hotel a stones throw away. The tripadvisor comments I read warned about wasting money on the "oasis" special rooms, and areas at the pool and beach being part and parcel of the children with families and not the "tranquil placid" advertised areas. That was accurate. One last note, the wi-fi reception was non existent in the hotel room unless you went in the bathroom, or as we saw for 3 days our neighbor sitting in the hallway with his IPAD.

Room tip: pay extra for the room that is the "Oasis"
Date of stay: July 2016