All reviewsburger kingtravel lodgepetrol stationclean and comfortable staytea coffee in roomone nightbreakfast boxgreat yarmouthattending a weddingroom bathroomplenty of parkingwhite towelson arrivalclean towelsrecommending localholiday baseshort drive
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Although this hotel is considered a budget hotel, everything was five star. The cleanliness, friendliness of staff, comfortable bed, everything worked, staff had left curtains drawn and windows open to ensure the room was not too hot during the recent heatwave and there was a brand new fan should it be needed. Great stay and I would always choose to stay here when travelling in this area.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Lesley O
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

The one star is only because Rebecca on arrival as lovely.

However, the room was filthy! I am not fussy but I was really not happy. My towel was dirty, the shower curtain had dirty finger prints on. And then the walls, skirtings, taps and ceiling were terrible. I stay in Travelodge and Premier Inns quite regularly and so disappointed at the state of the room. It wasn't cheap either!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Colchester Feering, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2018

Thank you for submitting your review of our Colchester Feering Hotel.

We're so sorry to hear your room was not up to the usual high standard of cleanliness we would have wished for you. We would like to hear more about your stay with us and would kindly invite you to contact us via our website.

Many Thanks once again and we look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

I went to this travelodge during my return trip from Great Yarmouth, there is plenty of free parking. There is a Burger King and a Subway at the site, as well as a petrol station and shop. The room was comfortable with a good bed, there was not much noise from the road. The shower lacked power but was usable. Recommended. This travelodge is on the northbound side of the A12, so it is necessary to go to junction 25 to access southbound.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on the weekend, brilliant for a wedding which we had in Braxted Park. Not to fair, taxis had to go up a junction as you are on one side on the A12 so slightly more expensive but not to bad. Used a company Crusader Cabs which were reasonable.

Upon arrive we arrived in the evening, very easy check in process and staff member was there awaiting our arrival his name was Jamie very helpfully giving us details and information and friendly.

Would definitely use this hotel again if I am needing to stay in the local area. FREE PARKING with plenty of spaces as is shared with Burger King.

Shame it doesn’t have a bar cafe as I think would be good to have for this hotel.

Rooms are very spacious and clean, was brilliant for getting ready for a Wedding for th 2 of us.

Very quiet inside the room considering you are on a dual carriage, you do not hear the noise of the road which is brilliant.

Definitely would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LouuLouu90
Reviewed June 27, 2018

We stayed here for a wedding as it was ideally located for the venue. Didn’t arrive until the evening, there was no wait to check in and the member of staff Jamie was very welcoming and helpful on arrival and throughout our stay. Would definitely use this Travelodge again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends