All reviews chiang mai grounds are beautiful bungee jumping buffet breakfast short drive deluxe room the hustle and bustle swan trees pools resort spa villa rim gardeners massage sofa
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

I couldn't be more disappointed with my stay here. Non-refundable and we are leaving anyway. Not worth staying for free. Ants all over our room. Spider webs on our bed. Breakfast was terrible. Only one restaurant menu not two. Bars are dead with no people. Same for pool. This is essentially a retirement home/hospital rehab center. Old people everywhere. I like old people but I don't want to travel 24 hours from America to sit around and watch the elderly be taken care of. Not close to chiang mai attractions at all. Bikes all suck and need new ones, mopeds are expensive, nothing in walking distance, chiang mai main attractions are 30 mins away. Lake is more like a smelly dirty pond. The website was so deceiving... I feel like I was betrayed and my wallet was raped!!!

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed December 5, 2017

I absolutely loved this place. I have been to many 5 stars, but wouldn't swap any hotel for this place. It is a little tired, but that is the most negative thing I can say about this place. It is so peaceful, the grounds are beautiful, with the lake and the 2 swimming pools. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the staff were amazing. They have small individual villas for each of us, where you walk out the front door to look at the banana trees or the lake or the grounds. They have a spa, which we tried and found a really good selection of massages and the staff gave a great service. Will definitely visit again!

Room tip: Any of the rooms would be great, but I suppose nearer the reception and restaurant would be maybe a good idea
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I decided to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and as soon as my work colleague recommended this place we knew it was exactly what we were looking for. We stayed in a Deluxe Room Villa on the riverside and absolutely enjoyed our stay. It was so peaceful and quiet, and all staff were super friendly. We received complimentary buffet breakfast, eggs were cooked fresh which was all I ate on toast and croissants. Not much of a great variety, hot food wasnt that great but there were fruit and continetal breakfast options available as well. The resort is about 35-40mins away from the airport and city but we found the resort to e extremely close to alot of Chiang Mai main attractions. We would definitely choose this resort when we return to Chiang Mai in 2019. It is absolute bliss with amazing views of the mountains and trees. Definitely recommend for all nature lovers looking to getaway from the crazy chaos of the city.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter B, Owner at Suansawan Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We were welcomed after 3 flights at Chaing Mia airport by 2 resort staff members in wheelchair accessible transport. The transfer is around 40 minutes. Our requested accommodation was wheelchair accessible, our bungalow had a porch, key card access and the usual amenities Bed, TV, Sofa and ensuite bathroom. When going to the restaurant we would call reception who would send a member of staff to collect you in a golf buggy.

The food was amazing with the usual hot and cold selections of foods for breakfast with an all day menu with traditional North Thai dishes to Western.

Every day the staff would arrange fun activities from Pilates & Tai Chi classes to trips
to Shopping Mall and or places of interest as the Suansawan Resort is also a Care Home with onsite nurses with retired holiday makers also renting bungalows for months at a time throughout the year.

A short drive away from the resort is Mae Rim Samoeng Road which is full of entertainment from Cobra, Spiders and Monkeys shows not forgetting X-Centre which was the twins favourite for an adventure on Buggies, Drift Karts and Bungee jumping etc.

All the staff are amazing and we even said "Hello" and passed on our feedback to Peter who is the proprietor.

Date of stay: June 2017

Thank you for taking the trouble to write such a complimentary review. We really appreciate it. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

This was a nice, family friendly place to stay. There are 2 pools which kept the kids happy. The menu is both Thai and Western. Rooms are spacious and clean. The property has a lovely calm atmosphere. Downside is it's a 40 minute drive into Chiang Mai. If however you're looking for a close day trip attraction, the Elephant Poopoopaper Park is only a couple of kilometres away. A nice attraction for an hour and a half or so. We travelled in a large group of 16. One family had 4 children and unlike many places in Thailand, this place was able to accommodate the family of 6 in one property with ease.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lloydy_Jersey12
Peter B, Owner at Suansawan Resort Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

It was great to read your review and I thank you for making the effort. It is very much appreciated. I am pleased your family enjoyed the stay. I personally think our resort works best with families and those that want to relax and rest.