“Excelent Place”
Review of Sunset Residence

Sunset Residence
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Excellent place! Confortable, Clean, Safe and really Friendly staff. In a quiet zone of Cape Town, near a square with Supermarket and restaurants (2 min walking). The room was well cleaned every day and wifi really fast. Fabrizio also was great giving all the tips about Cape Town. Thank you so much for such a good times! I recomend and for sure I will come back

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights with my family (incl.kids 2-12 yr). Had the most friendly and relaxed service. Axtually, we showed up unannoynxed and without a book8ng. Marcelo made a plan and made us fell at home.

Clean up and laundry included. Great place for a family.

Definitely recommended!!!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MAXIMVS M
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Our family had a great stay at Sunset Residence. Marcello was friendly and also very helpful with information about sights and eating places. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious for me and my husband and 18 year old son. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2015

I stayed here in Jan 2015 with my 19 yr old son. It was fantastic!!

Fabrizio [italian born] has been doing this a long time so knows what works for guests. We stayed in a stunning modern 2 bed both had en suites. We had an awesome lounge/tv area flat screen tv dining table and kitchen with everything we need microwave dishwasher appliances olive oil of course! Not that we needed the dishwasher the daily maid service is excellent and such a relief, we did not get disturbed at all they all came and went when we werent here. The free wifi was amazing of course as I cant do without that.

I am South African from Joburg and we were told by Fabrizio not to worry can even leave doors locked. Skeptical at first I it was freeing and very safe. There was a safe inside but I didnt even bother. Security is modern and u cannot get into the complex. The pool is warm. Fabrizio is wonderful, helpful and the perfect host.

The studio flat where we stayed the first night was also absolutely lovely too - Fabrizio did say he is putting in a flat screen tv as opposed to the small one there, which is needed, and a proper separator thingy betw the beds and the lounge - this can improve it but these are very minor things as it dies not affect the stay at all. But I would stay again in the 2 bed 2 ensuite corner one I simply loved it and my son loved having his own en suite. The italian family before me had 2 kids so that worked well for them too. The suites are all arranged around the pool so its a very small intimate compound.

Its close to cpt about 15min drive. Dont listen to the local capetonians they have no concept of time and think milnerton is further than other suburbs the other side of town. But I stayed in rondebosch in nov 2014 for wedding and it was further to get to central cpt - if not the same time!!The area is know to be windy but it we didnt find it to be that windy and the wind that was there didnt bother us unless we went to the beach [literally around the corner from Fabrizios house] and this is known to be surfers beach. I will definitely come again without a doubt. You will not go wrong with this place.

Room Tip: As I said above I loved the 2 bed 2 ensuite one better than the studio one. I couldnt see the others...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Superfriendly atmosphere, great service, 5 min walk to the beach with great views of the city (including Table Mountain) and also very close to an excellent MyCiti bus connection to Cape Town and neighbouring suburbs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here for a few days and it was great. The location is right near the beach, accommodation is luxurious and great value for money. But what makes this place stand above all others is the outstanding customer service I received. We had an issue with our car rental (flat battery) and were due to pick up a different car the next day. After a busy day we arrived at Sunset Residence in a taxi having decided to deal with our car situation the following day. When we told Fabrizio our situation he took it upon himself to call the rental companies to sort it for us. He ended up giving me a lift to the airport to pick up our new car which he'd arranged for us to get early. He waited about an hour with me so I didn't get lost on the way back. This allowed us to make the most of the next day in Cape Town. I have never experienced such amazing customer service and thank Fabrizio and heartily recommend anyone to stay at Sunset Residence.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed 10 nights at Sunset Residence early December 2013. I was very happy with the quality of the room. Housekeeping was perfect, and everything was just as agreed via emails before my arrival.
My host Fabrizio was extremely helpful and really made me feel like home. Since we share the same hobby (windsurfing) he was able to help me find the right locations to sail. Keeping my gear in a spacious garage was easy.
Neighbourhood is safe and quiet. The beach is within walking distance.
Markus Huhtinen