“Family reunion”

Beachside Resort Kawana Waters
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We came from allover Australia for a wekend together, Great area out of the busy tourist but exactly what we wanted. Our room was all that we needed with a well appointed kitchen area and some excellent eateries close by.
We plan to be back for more family reunions.
Thanks Jim & Carol for a great weekend.

Room Tip: 2F has an excellant balcony large enough to cater for a family of 12.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Stayed only for the one night, due to business at the adjoining Kawana Shoppingworld.
Minor gripes, but generally clean tidy and as it is in a predominantly residential area, quiet.
A good place to stay, but transport will be needed to take you to places.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We could not fault our stay. Initially I thought it could have been a bit out of the way when booking, not having any local knowledge. Yes it is away from the many resorts further up. However that suited us, less people and tourist hype pleasantly quiet and SO!!! relaxing. No need to get in the car if you don't wish to. Walk to the shopping complex, beach and restaurants that were reasonably priced. The apartment was affordable, roomy and well equipped with a great ocean view and a lovely sea breeze. The Managers were very accommodating and welcoming.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed a weekend recently and thought the managers were lovely. The 3br apartment was spacious and clean and the beds were comfy - all of which tick the most important boxes. The Manager James recommended a good local restaurant - Portside seafood which was about 10 mins walk from the apartment with good food very reasonably priced. I would stay there again. The Kawana Waters surf club across the road also had one of the best steak sandwiches I've ever had.
My only criticism was that the manager did not give good advice re local public transport (we were there for the Cold Chisel concert). He recommended we walk the 3.5km to the venue as there was little public transport. We did this, only to see several local buses pass us on the way to the venue. There was also on-site parking at the venue for only $5 - which he failed to mention.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2011

From the moment u step in to the Resort Carol & James is indeed a good host to the Resort. I would recommend this Resort to anyone, the Resort is Xcellent in service < Hospitality is indeed the best, Relaxing and value for money... AAA+++ Highly Recomended The best Resort and Buddina..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I have just had four perfect relaxing days at Beachside. It was the first time for me and my wife and our new baby boy. It was what we needed - peaceful, no hassles, an easy walk across the park to the beach; just as easy to the main shopping centre. Good coffee shops just a stroll away - the unit was reasonably priced and everything worked.
I just spent a hectic six months writing Darren Lockyer's biography and needed somewhere upmarket yet quiet to clear my head. Now that I've told you about this place, be sure to buy my book as well.
It was everything we wanted and we'll be back. Dan and Meleah Koch, Keperra, Brisbane.

Room Tip: We had perfect weather, so could not make a judgment about rainy or windy times. Our second floor a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have stayed at this place twice before.
FIrst tim there old dodgy washing machine split its bearing and covered all our cloths in grease which they did nothing about and it took them 3 hours to come up and actually haver a look.

The second time we stayed there it was ok, service again was very abrupt and slightly rude. My partner went down stairs 3 minutes before they closed to get them to print something(we even offered to pay) and the mans reply was he has closed whilst sitting at his computer. She advised him it was really important and he closed the door on her.

Anyway.... I recently went to book this place again as its very well located and I rang the lady and she straight away was really rude(she didnt know who I was) I then enquired about some rooms as I was looking at taking all my staff there for a large confrence (we were looking at booking 8 rooms for 4 nights) she argued with me about sending an invoice to me so our accounts department woudl pay it. she said they only needed a deposit I advised here we would pay in full now which was 1 month out, she continued to argue saying thats not how you do business.

This place is in a great location and the rooms are not bad value for what you pay.
BUT GET RID OF THE MANAGEMENT PLEASE.... they will slowly ruin that business with there rudeness. They need to be told they are in a service industry and if they dont like it get out of it.

POOR FOR MANAGERS I HOPE YOU PICK YOUR ACT UP AS WE WILL NEVER GO BACK AND I HAVE GIVEN YOU 2 CHANCES ALREADY.

Room Tip: avoid the managers.... they are rude and need a reality check
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank wagyuGoldCoast
SideSun, Manager at Beachside Resort Kawana Waters, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Quite unfair. 1st stay was over a year ago, guests used a washing machine to try and clean cloths used to wipe grease off their mobile kitchen whilst working at a home show. There was nothing wrong with the washer after it was cleaned and it is still working today. Issue was 6pm on Saturday evening, staff responded within hour and worked to clean up their mess while they were off having dinner.

The truth has been stretched quite a bit in the second issue. We were contacted when off site at around 8pm as they needed something printed. We happily did it for them the next morning and all was OK. Why complain now and state untruths? Why would they try to book again if unhappy.

Recently there was another enquiry for a weekend when we had very little availability. It was explained that we unfortunately could not accommodate them. They brought up the prior issues and got angry as they thought we were refusing their booking on previous experiences. Not the case. Stating they would pay up front was not going to allow us to cancel other guests bookings to fit them in. It is unfair that negative comments like this are public and affect our reputation. It's their 1st review and we suggest if looking for a Gourmet Encounter you should shop elsewhere.

Been to Beachside Resort Kawana Waters? Share your experiences!