The Notchland Inn
Bartlett Inn(Bartlett)
Villager Motel(Bartlett)
The Wentworth(Jackson)
View Hotel
All reviewsnorth conwaycrawford notchwhite mountainsmusic roomwood burning fireplacethe main houseget awayworking fireplacenew englandliving socialsnow stormanniversary weekendbed and breakfasthiking trailsa wonderful staygracious hostsbretton woods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Notchland Inn was the perfect weekend getaway in the heart of the White Mountains. We arrived in the middle of a snow storm, but that just meant that we were greeted by a winter wonderland the next morning. The house is historic and beautiful. Our room, with fireplace and jacuzzi, could not have been more comfortable. The food was delicious (definitely opt for dinner). And, above all, Ed and Les could not have been more helpful and hospitable. Save yourself some time and just book here now.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JW5555
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The inn was not too busy when we arrived, so one of the hosts showed us the rooms which were available at the time and let us select the room to our liking. Our room was large and airy with all modern amenities, including a free Wi-Fi.

The location is very scenic; buildings are well preserved and maintained. Furthermore, for added charm, it is the only B&B I’ve ever heard of that has its own train station (but I would not recommend travelling there by train).

The hosts were attentive but discreet. They gladly provided us with local sightseeing information which was very useful. The home-cooked breakfast was simply fantastic. One evening we had dinner in-house which was also very good.

It was an enjoyable stay and I would return in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrincePolo
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The Notchland Inn is by far the most relaxing and enjoyable stay I have ever experienced. This was my second visit to the Inn and it surpassed the first - exactly a year ago. Staying in the [Crawford] Notch area in March is a peaceful experience - and this location offers quiet, tree-filled, serene views and exceptionally personal attention to every detail of one's wishes and needs! The rooms all have working WOOD fireplaces and very comfortable beds and usually sitting areas. The innkeepers and their staff all convey that being your hosts is easy and most enjoyable - while being aware of every guest's needs and wishes. We ate dinner 2 nights at the inn (next to the wood-burning fireplace in the dining room), and both times every bite was heavenly, and the service impeccable. The menu changes each evening that they serve dinner, and there are quite a few choices for each course - and, of course, "seconds on dessert until they run out or you give up!" The grounds and nearby walking areas are lovely, even (especially?) when covered with snow. The rest of the Inn offers 2 cozy "common" sitting rooms (with working fireplaces) and puzzles, a piano, welcoming seating and 2 daily papers (and, I believe, the Sunday NY Times). We also enjoyed an HD broadcast nearby (in Freyburg, ME) of "She Stoops to Conquer" performed by the National Theatre of London - how's that for sophisticated culture while enjoying a peaceful sojourn?There are many excellent restaurants fairly close, and charming towns to visit with great LOCAL shops, bookstores, and other ways to support local, independent businesses.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emily002
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have stayed at the Notchland Inn on two incredibly fortunate occasions. The first was in late November 2011. I stayed with my husband in the crawford room while two other members of my family stayed in the lower level of the school house. The rooms and space overall were so incredibly well-appointed, cozy and warm - all the rooms feature wood-burning fireplaces - that we decided to rent the entire inn for a three-day-long celebration in February 2012. I had the great luck of getting to see each and every room in February when I left flower arrangements and gifts for my guests in the rooms. I can attest that each room is a work of art - completely unique from all the others and entirely beautiful. The beds are amazingly comfortable and the feel of the place overall is precisely what one would hope for in a romantic getaway. The Notchland Dining Room is a wonderful place to eat - in fact we had our big celebratory dinner there. All the food was prepared to perfection. Most importantly, the inn keepers, Ed and Les, are just about the kindest, most welcoming, sweet, professional, and intelligent men you could dream up. And their two dogs, who live in the house, are fantastically charming. Needless to say, I will always go back to Notchland to make great memories. It's a gem.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evelyn A
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I couldn't have ask for a better experience. The Notchland Inn was perfect. We stayed in one of the less expensive rooms and we still had a wonderfully comfy bed and a fireplace in our room that we used every night. I only downside for some is it is an old house and some things are warn, but I think that adds to the charm and experience. There were games around the house to use and the benise mountain dogs were very sweet. Breakfast every morning was made to order and part of the cost, we ordered off a menu with many options while the sun bathed us and we looked at the weather report the innkeepers provided us. The property is beautiful and close to many outdoor activities. We also enjoyed sitting in the sun room in the morning. Normally it would be too pricey for us but we used a living social coupon. I can't wait to go back

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple