1,702 results
All reviews drawing room shakespeare suite haunted hotel afternoon tea old church beautiful hotel executive room grounds are stunning country house steeped in history scones wedding party steam room and sauna evening meal stratford upon avon handpicked hotels cream tea
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The grounds are stunning, the service is impeccable. From the moment we arrived this hotel shone with quality in all areas. Loved the spacious beautiful room with the biggest bathroom we have seen. Well done, you set the standard for others to only wish for. The hotel is a member of the Handpicked Group.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
T B, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We travel a lot and are very fussy about standards. Ettington Park exceeded our expectations in all categories. We had a very warm reception from the staff who were on the ball with my dietary requirements. I had written ahead to warn them that I need a specially cooked meal. They were ready to arrange a meeting with the Head Chef who could not have been more helpful. We reviewed the menu and agreed a version of the dishes that I could eat. Clearly everything is freshly cooked so it was possible to vary the recipe. This meant that my dinner was served without hassle and I was able to enjoy a real and delicious meal for a change rather than steak and chips which is my usual fallback. The dinner was generally excellent, my husband also enjoyed his selection and there was plenty to choose from.The service was also superb, attentive without being rushed. It was a Monday, we find weekends in the summer are always busy in UK hotels so try to avoid them.

It was my birthday so we booked a suite, the Shirley which was a lovely room. Spacious with huge windows so very light. I might consider the Shakespeare or the Garden suite next time because they are overlooking the river/garden. The suite could not have been better, beautifully furnished, attractive well maintained bathroom with plenty of space and character. The four poster bed was very comfortable and large.

Everything we asked of the reception staff was delivered perfectly and they were warm and friendly. The hotel looks a bit like a French Chateau and there are plenty of antiques around so it felt glamorous. We also noticed the high standards of décor(the curtains were gorgeous), it was spotlessly clean with no obvious defects in the maintenance. The dining room was wood panelled and had a good ambience for a romantic celebratory dinner. All tables had good views of the garden and river.

The most amazing aspect of the visit was the value for money. We paid £250 for a suite,breakfast (which was excellent)and three course dinner. Our only extras were a delicious cream tea and drinks. We have paid far more than that at similar hotels but been disappointed by the standards of décor and food.

We highly recommend this hotel, book through their website for a good deal, choose a suite and dine in. There is also lots to do in the area with Stratford close by and a number of National Trust houses just up the road. The river Avon passes through the grounds so it is a pretty location. We will put it at the top of the list for our next celebration and also look for other HandPicked hotels if this one is indicative of their standards.

Room Tip: choose a suite, Shirley eas spacious and light, the Kings Chamber was the staff's favourite, other suites had views of the garden/river.
2  Thank siobhanmuskett

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us at Ettington Park Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed the setting, service, rooms and food. I was so pleased to receive your personal note as well, I know my Head Chef was extremely pleased that you were comfortable during your stay.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for work and the hotel is lovely.
Warm welcome, feels oldy worldly without looking dated. Food was great, staff were very helpful and the views out on the terrace are great.
Big comfortable rooms too

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Staff is terrific; rooms very pleasant; and the structure and grounds are one of the most picturesque in England - or anywhere for that matter. Unfortunately this great facility is not very attractive for couples or individuals on weekends. Mainly a wedding destination.

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us at Ettington Park Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed the setting and service.

We do have wedding at the hotel and I'm sorry if this disturbed your visit to us. Our function room for the wedding is on the top floor of the hotel and we do our best to look after all of our guests as everyone is equally important to us.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

While the staff on reception are miserable and create a bad first impression, this is actually a lovely place to stay.
The rooms are generous, the restaurant staff are great, the food very good and the surroundings are beautiful. The facilities are also very good, including swimming pool, tennis courts, bikes and a helicopter-pad...should you need one :)
I would recommend a long weekend (or two) at Ettington Park Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lexi F

Dear Guest

Thank you for providing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you on the whole enjoyed your visit with us at Ettington Park Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed the setting, service, rooms and food and that you managed to enjoyed our Health Club and Spa facilities.

I was sorry to learn of the poor welcome you received at the hotel, which is so often one of the highlights of our guests stay and something our team pride ourselves on.