The Bell
Ettington Park Hotel(Alderminster)
US$128
US$124
US$68
The New Inn(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$66
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$174
US$82
US$87
  • Pool
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$193
US$91
Orbitz.com
The Arden Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$152
US$117
Travelocity
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$90
US$75
US$94
US$87
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Central Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfamily birthday lunchregular treatbath productspub hotelexcellent meala lovely young ladygastro pubmaking our stay so enjoyablelittle touchesstratford upon avonsmoked salmonsunday lunchshort drivestayed for two nightsfull english breakfastwonderful staywaiting staff
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Celebrating a 70th birthday with 3 other ladies we were treated very well and we were all pleased. Waiters were attentive and polite. Food was very good. Because there is a high ceiling there was little noise from other diners.
Recommend the shared pudding.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for a meal on a Saturday evening after work, we had a beautiful starter and for the main I opted for the fish and chips and my boyfriend, the £25 ribeye steak.

The fish and chips was okay, it was nice but nothing special however, the steak was inedible, completely fatty and grizzly thought and absolutely flavourless.

We notified the waiter immediately and they had it taken off the bill however my boyfriend was left hungry and annoyed after a long day at work.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
TheBellOwner, Manager at The Bell, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

It’s a shame your boyfriend had had such a long day at work and was feeling annoyed especially on a Saturday evening. We’re sorry that you didn’t enjoy the food or your experience. We would urge you to come back under more relaxed circumstances.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in The Bell with friends to celebrate St Patrick’s Day. And what a day it was!!!
Our room - Eaton Hall; was fantastic with everything catered for and a lovely comfortable bed. We had lunch and dinner there and both were exceptional!!!
Duo of Lamb was delicious!!!
Hotel had organised entertainment and the place was hoppin....... and boppin to a great mix of tunes.
Breakfast was excellent!!
Some might say it’s expensive for a pub/hotel but its worth the money! Lovely rooms, great food and Sean and his staff make sure everyone is looked after.
Would highly recommend!!!
Oh, before I sign off, Sean, those Jelly Shots were lethal........but lovely!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2018

We stayed for two nights on a midweek break at the Bell, Alderminster recently as part of a small group of 4 couples.

Located on a "main" but not noisy road from our perspective, the Bell was both attractive to look at from the outside as well as inside. There is quite a large U shaped bar are leading to a number of dining rooms. Very nicely decorated it had the atmosphere of a very smart, local pub with the benefit of rooms and dining facilities. Good choice of real ale including UHU Purity, the Fosseway Flanker and an Alscot brew. All very drinkable. Staff were pleasant both in the bar (a particularly nice lady of a certain age offering table service to my wife and I) and in the dining room. Between us we took 4 rooms - we had the All Stars room which was just outside, accessed by a very sturdy and wide fire-escape type metal staircase. The room was quite large but a little dark with limited natural light (a Velux window in the bedroom had the translucent blind three quarters draw. My wife later told me there was a "pole" to adjust but I missed that. The decor was shabby chic, or so my wife says. Our initial concern was that the room might prove to be cold, but in fact it was the exact opposite. We turned the incredibly hot radiator well down on day 1 and off on day 2 and were never cold. Also no wardrobe in the room but a small hanging rail for your clothes.

The bathroom, this was much lighter than the bedroom and quite large with an over the bath shower. Nice toileteries, towels changed daily by default - no shower cap! Plenty of hot water and very, very hot.

Of the four bedrooms we took (Glanwye, Eaton Hall and one other?) my wife tells me she felt ours was the least appealing but still for us it was fine, and no cause to complain.

The dining room was smart, modern and quite busy with friendly service. I thought I'd won the lottery with a duo of lamb and venison on the menu. Night one both my wife and I had the lamb. She thoroughly enjoyed it. I was very disappointed because it was quite fatty - something my wife likes (not that I'm fat) but I don't. A friend had the venison but it comes served on abed of pearl barley which didn't really appeal for me. So, on the second night I had some chicken dish which was excellent. The fish and chips looked delicious and was thoroughly recommended by friends.

Finally breakfast. In the ten years or so our group of "conossers" have been pub-breaking we all agreed that this was the best of breakfasts. Plenty to eat and excellent quality. Barry's Sausages are superb - only one negative. Streaky bacon not cooked to a crisp so fatty - not for me, but I was the exception.

Before we had left all agreed it was definitely a place to return to.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018

This is a 100% honest review highlighting some really good points, some areas that need attending and an insult.

First to the good:

Great Atmosphere, good sized pub and restaurant.
Rooms are of good quality
Starter and Desert, excellent.
Staff friendly,
Breakfast Amazing
Even in winter location is really peaceful, would be even better in summer.

Now the could be better:

This is the first restaurant I've been to where the bottle of wine is opened before being waited to the table.

My main was tiny!, 18 quid for a small fillet of fish, it was tasty, but was basically 4
mouthfuls.

When we went to pay for the evening the next morning there was an erroneous £24.95 attached to the bill stating "Drinks", this was on top of the already itemized 2 bar drinks we had bought and the bottle of wine, Firstly it was suggest to me to pay this and the manager would call me later to discuss. I refused and the other attendant agreed to remove it.

Maybe call me a cynic, but this is a true insult, if this was a mistake why were the erroneous drinks not itemized? or were you trying to hide a missing amount and assume I wouldn't notice?

I'm not the kind to complain on site as I tend to get overly wound up, but I didn't leave a service charge payment because of this and it left a sour taste at the end of what was a nice weekend.

Room Tip: Check your bill.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple