“Steak Night ”
Review of The George Hotel

The George Hotel
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A lovely old characterful village pub set in the heart of Cullingworths conservation area. Surrounded by fields and moorland. Three wood burning stoves, 7 real ales brewed two mins away by the owner. A large selection of lagers and other beers both draught and bottled. A fully comprehensive wine menu. Fantastic home cooked food created by our team of chefs with locally sourced fresh ingredients and to top it off good old fashioned polite service with a welcoming smile. Now with a newly completed extension used as a dinning room, a brand new kitchen as well all sympathetically built in keeping with the local conservation area.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited on 4th April, a Weds Steak Night.
It was pleasantly busy with a number of parties/groups celebrating birthdays etc.
We had a table in the corner near the fireplace.
The food was beautiful, amazing value for money. The waitresses were pleasant, helpful and efficient. In spite of the large parties we were served promptly and pleasantly.
This was our first visit but we will definitely return.
A lovely dining experience in a family run establishment.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Majella C

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner.. The food was sublime, all served hot on hot plates and the sides were scrumy, steaks cooked to perfection, all with big onion rings, tomatoes, chips, mushrooms and salad. The george pie was full of meat and the sweet potato fries were gorgeous, hot fresh veg, all served by the lovely Morgan, she had the service nailed. Thank you.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank royd16
Reviewed March 22, 2018

Had The George recommended So booked for the steak special night Staff very welcoming and attentive, polite too Had garlic bread as starter Wrong decision! too filling!! Steaks were cooked the way we liked them and large too The wine was better than expensive wine at other restaurants All together a great night Thank you all

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 15, 2018

My partner wanted to go here as she has not visited for a while, whereas for me, I have never been. I took her for Valentines Day and they had a special set menu for the day. My partner had a cheese torte and I had the beetroot soup. Both were well made on the premises and tasty. For the main course we had the lamb henry done Morrocan style on a bed of cous cous . This was accompanied with a home made flat bread. Not quite sure why the double carbs was necessary as it was all a bit filling and we had to leave some of it or we would not have had room for dessery. But otherwise tasty. For dessert we both had the home made raspberry Bakewell tart which was quite good although it was a reach calling it a raspberry Bakewell, it was a standard Bakewell with three raspberry's on top! Although it did have raspberry sauce and a scoop of ice cream. Clearly a very competent chef with well made and presented food. Whilst the food offered was not really my first choice I will go again for the steak night or I am told the home made meat pies are excellent.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for “Steak Night” fantastic offer 2 Mains,there are fish,chicken and gammon offerings also and a bottle of wine for £25. My partner expected that to be each!! I had a 12oz Rump Steak rare and it was tender and cooked to perfection. My partner a 12oz Ribeye again faultless. We shared homemade onion rings, rocket and Parmesan salad and a very well made peppercorn sauce with just the right kick. The atmosphere was ideal, lovely country pub with dimmed lighting and log fires made it very cosy on what was a miserable night outside. The staff were very attentive without being intrusive. Overall a great night and I highly recommend the George Hotel. Well done. We will be back.

Date of visit: January 2018