“Really good burgers”

Abbey Road Burgers, Bar & Cafe
Ranked #31 of 47 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We’d planned to eat next door at Waimea Estate, but it had closed, so although we’re not really into burgers we thought we’d give Abbey Road a go. We’re glad we did! The service was prompt and pleasant, and the beef burger excellent. It was flavoured with a piquant sauce and served on particularly good, light buns. Although the lamb burger was tasty, lamb mince would have worked better than lamb meat, as some of it was chewy. The accompanying fries were perfectly cooked and delicious.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Went here yesterday for a 'date lunch' with my husband. We were given a menu, went outside and after sitting for ages, nobody came near us to take our order for either drinks or food. Went inside, turns out we should have been told to come inside to place our orders when we were handed the menus. I asked for 'no tomato' on my husband's burger and was told they couldn't take the anything off the burgers due to health regulations. This had me totally stumped, I asked why NOT putting tomato on the burger was a health issue and the lady informed me that it made too much of a mess in the kitchen to take things off and we'd have to do that ourselves once the burger arrived. I said so you can't take the Tex Mex sauce off my burger either and she said nope. REALLY???? Pathetic service and totally unbelievable excuse as to why they weren't willing to cater to a simple request like no tomato. I did wonder why they were almost empty of customers when the Restaurant next door was packed, now I know why. So we left and we'll never go back. We went into Nelson to Burger Culture, where they didn't blink an eye when we asked for no tomato and where the meal and service was top notch.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We really enjoyed our time here, Fabian the owner is a nice French guy and he prides himself on the quality of his ingredients so you get a really excellent tasty burger. Sides are delicious too and not greasy.
Prices are very reasonable we had two burgers, a coffee and a cider for around $41NZ

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews we decided to try this cafe for a Saturday lunch,We had the lamb burger and fries along with extra hot coffee,the outdoor setting was ok,the service was good,but the food was less than we expected.The coffee was ok but not extra hot,the fat over sized fries were way over salted,and the lamb was some under cooked and some over cooked,but never mind we did eat it all,won’t rush back.

1  Thank Dunca2015
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Wholesome tasty burgers, menu had a great range, excellent service & business is well branded with modern logo.