“Nearly the best dives ever!”

Wicked Diving, Komodo
Ranked #8 of 105 Tours in Labuan Bajo
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving the Komodo National Park each day! Our staff are safety focused and passionate about marine life. You can join our Diving day trips, our liveaboards or sign up for a course. We also conduct expeditions and Manta Ray Research. With brand new equipment, our own dive medic on staff and the best diving found anywhere - the only thing missing is you.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nearly the best dives ever!”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Spent a few days on their liveaboard and ended up seeing the most incredible things. Manta rays, Pygmy seahorses and of course dragons.
The boat was clean, tidy and the food was incredible. The safety was a primary focus and it really struck me how much they focused on making sure everything was based on that...even when there were mantas right next to the boat, they still tested the currents!
The passion they showed for what they were doing was incredible. Looking up Latin names for fish, tracking where we saw mantas for a research project and more. It was contagious! My log book is filled with Latin names, and I have to look up what they were !
Can't say when I'll return, but there is no where else I would go!

WickedDiving, Manager at Wicked Diving, Komodo, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
"Nearly the best" well, I guess we need to work harder :)

It is appreciated that our hard work for maintaining a safe boat showed! And we'll certainly pass along to good word on the food.

Thank you for the feedback and we hope you join us again soon!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relax at the Jaya”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Good organisation, they now how to do things, tha staff is always great an THE food is by THE best of asia. Do not doubt wicked is wicked. Just the toilets ob the Jaya are 18th century toilets, they should impove that. But you are on THE boat for fun, relaxing and diving, not for shitting :))))

WickedDiving, Manager at Wicked Diving, Komodo, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Thanks for the feedback!

Um...yes - we do believe everyone on the boat is there for a great experience :)

While the Jaya has many modern features like Satellite phone, radar, liferaft and more...it IS a traditional Phinisi Schooner, built the same way it has been done for hundreds of years. The toilets, may not be 5 star, but they are functional!

However - we will look into the ways we can improve the boat for better guest experiences!

We look forward to seeing you again!

-The whole Wicked team!
Winterthur, Switzerland
“Best trip ever”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I first did a Liveaboard in March 2011 in the Similans with Wicked. The weather was very bad and we ended up to dive one Bay in the Similans for 2 Days. The Trip back was just scary with huge waves, heavy rain and getting seasick too much. But even then Wicked was great. We really had bad conditions but the staff did everything to get us a nice time on board of the jaya. They succeded and that was not easy!

First I sweard to me i never go back to a liveaboard again, after that awful weather, but when i heard that Wicked is in Komodo i couldn't resist. I just wanted to stay one trip in Komodo. I ended up with 3! It was soooo good. I just couldn't leave. The guides, Ricky, Shannon and Amanda are great. You feel that they still enjoy diving as much as their guests. I always felt very safe with them and i could improve so much in diving. Safety always goes first. The briefings are very detailed, so you know what may expects you.

I really like their philosophy of environmentally friendly diving and that they separate the trash and provide biologically soap on the Jaya.

After diving with Wicked it was hard to dive with other companies again. There are not that many companies, that reach this standard as well.

The diving in Komodo was amazing, never saw something like that before. It was so sad to leave after my 3 trips. I definitely come back as soon as possible. Thanks Wicked for that great time!

Visited June 2011
Thank you for joining us and leaving this feedback! Yes - the trip in Thailand was during the worst weather of the year and if thought it was not a fun trip - the staff had to keep everyone safe and sound at the same time! That's why we reckon we have some of the most "Wicked" staff around ;)

It was so nice to see you join these trips as well! After a rough trip the first time, we had to prove that not only do we have good staff, but also offer some incredible diving too :) I reckon after staying for those extra two trips, you might think so now too.

We would be honored to have you join us for more trips and look forward to seeing you again!

Thank you!
-Team Wicked
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“PHENOMENAL!”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Absolutely amazing holiday! Every dive site was unbelievable and different with more mantas and sharks than you can believe. I was really worried about the currents, but our guides Amanda and Shannon did a great job keeping us out of trouble and really helped me feel more comfortable diving with the current. There were so many huge fish, turtles, and hundreds of smaller ones. It was an underwater fairytale land.
Food was great, Thai cook onboard, and made vegetarian dishes for non meat eating guests.
All equipment provided for a very small fee. Rooms are bunks but a larger bottom bead is provided for couples.
Dives are early so there is no sleeping in....but it is worth it.

After diving Thailand, Red Sea, and Australia, among others, Komodo is my favorite and Wicked is the perfect company to do it with!

2 Thank ali_1302
WickedDiving, Manager at Wicked Diving, Komodo, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Ali,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! As you have seen, operating in Komodo is not so easy and we really try hard to offer a great trip to you - our guests. One of the biggest factors for us is to offer safety and a sense of well-being to our guests. The region we dive in has some very strong currents and it takes both knowledge and experience to understand these conditions and how to work with them without risk.
It is a great pleasure to hear that Amanda and Shannon made you feel confident and to truly enjoy the dives. While I wish we could encounter Mantas and Sharks on every trip, it is great to see them when they do appear.
It is also great to hear that the food was great - Pi'Nok, our cook from Thailand has asked to join us in Indonesia and is one of the best cooks around. Several of us are also vegetarians and she loves to cook up treats for us too!

Thank you for joining us and we hope to see you again!

-Wicked
Lebanon, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Wow! Truly Wicked.”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Having experienced Wicked in the Surin and Similan Islands earlier this year I believe we were the first family with young children to experience Wicked Komodo.
Wow! Such an amazing 3 days on the Jaya enjoyed by all the family. Snorkelling and diving were world class, the professionalism and friendliness were pitch perfect, the food outstanding and the Jaya a privilege to spend time on.
Thank you to Shannon, Ricky and especially Amanda, and all the crew.
The only downside? Having sampled such pristine coral and great marine life, our subsequent underwater experiences in Lombok and Pulau Weh have been rather disappointing by comparison. Look forward to Wicked Raja Ampat in 2012!

WickedDiving, Manager at Wicked Diving, Komodo, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Thank you for the great feedback!

It was great to have you join us for another trip :) As always we not only aim for safety and professionalism - but we also strive for a great trip for kids! While your family was the first - they are certainly not the last!

And please accept our deepest apologies for spoiling your other diving/snorkeling experiences ;)

Thanks!