“AMAZING EXPERIENCE”

Wunderpus Liveaboard
Ranked #2 of 153 Tours in Labuan Bajo
More attraction details
Owner description: Wunderpus Liveaboard offers scheduled trips and private charters in the beautiful Komodo National Park. Suitable for divers or snorkellers Wunderpus is custom built, traditional Phinisi style boat but equipped all the modern features. We carry maximum 8 guests in style and comfort, our onboard chef prepares 4 delicious meals per day and our professional staff will make sure you get to see the best Komodo has to offer. Come and join us for the trip of a lifetime.....
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

me and my partner had an amazing time diving with Wunderpus liveaboard, this is our first time come and dive in Komodo Island. We had recomendation of Wunderpus from our friend, and she was right its a good operator, clean,comfortable boat, delicous food and the staff was very friendly and excellent especialy Dolin and Larry. We were staying at the smaller boat Mimic with 1 couples,it was nice experience, the open sleeping area was a new experience too enjoying the open air breeze and no surprise from mosquito . Our diving trip was very short only 2 days but really worthed. We saw lots of cool UW stuff from tons of Manta Rays, Eagle ray feeding and many sharks, Dolin really knows his thing "His a ROCK Star ". If there is some sugestion to improve is just one thing maybe adding a separate water container/basin for rinse camera, not together with dive equipment. We really happy and recomended this operator for everyone that planning to do some diving in Komodo, long or short and either high or low budget. We will comeback and explore more of komodo with Wunderpus Live aBoard.
Catherine & Zeno

"great eye"
in 4 reviews
"perfect mix"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I did a 4 day, 3 night Liveaboard trip on the Wunderpus and it exceeded my highest expectations. The boat was beautiful, with lovely air-conditioned cabins with ensuite bathroom, a lovely dining area and a sheltered lounge area complete with bean bag couches. Food was fantastic and varied. Safety was also a priority. I was impressed even as I booked and was told that there was not a fixed tour as where we went depended on conditions of the day. We were briefed about safety at the start of the trip, Chris took the scuba divers on a refresher dive, and during our dives, snorkelers had an experienced diver with them at all times with a life ring, scuba divers had Chris accompanying them and a speed boat stayed nearby the whole time. I was one of the snorkelers and our guide was very careful to keep us away from any dangerous currents. I was also very impressed by the attention given to preserving the environment, such as not touching any coral or manta rays if they swam close by. All rubbish was taken back to Labuan Bajo for disposal. The snorkelling was fabulous. There were thousands of multi-coloured fish, larger fish, turtles and of course the mantas and the beautiful coral gardens were stunning. The water was clear, clean and emerald blue and green. Chris and our snorkelling guide France were very knowledgeable about the area and made sure that we all got to see what we wanted including swimming with the mantas and seeing the dragons on Rinca island. Thanks so much Chris and France and everyone else in the crew of the Wunderpus who made this trip so memorable.

1  Thank ginnyh2015
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I spent three nights and four days scuba diving around Komodo aboard Wunderpus.

I was a little nervous before the trip, having had some sketchy dive experiences elsewhere and hearing that dive conditions around Komodo can be challenging. The fantastic dive master Chris put my nerves at ease from the first dive. He gave very good pre-dive briefings and conducted a dive skills review during the first dive. His patient and calm approach to the dives put the whole group at ease.

Beyond the dives, the whole crew are friendly and helpful, the boat is immaculate, with comfortable air-conditioned ensuite bedrooms and a comfortable upper deck with reclining seats in the shade. The four meals a day were tasty and varied -- I don't think any lunch or dinner dish was repeated.

My only regret is not booking a longer trip.

2  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely epic! Having travelled extensively around indonesia, I can say this is the best trip I have done. Marcel and the crew were superb, knowing the currents and the best places to snorkel at the best times. We saw Manta rays, sharks, Komodo and every type of fish you could imagine- all thanks to our fantastic crew. Food was amazing, location was unbeatable and ambience relaxed. Nothing budget about this trip. We will be back ASAP!

1  Thank UkTheresa