Review Highlights
Wunderpus Mimic 4D/3N

I went with the budget liveaboard, the Wunderpus Mimic, unsure of what to expect. For being... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
erinvg17
via mobile
Great time!

Our trip was absolutely fantastic!! Great diving! Thank you Naomi, Ed, Chris and the whole crew for... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Susanne F

Recommended experiences in and around Labuan Bajo
from US$437.50
More Info
from US$41.00
More Info
All reviews dive master manta rays dive sites komodo national park hot water marine life beautiful boat spent days and nights diving experience his team smaller boat main deck live aboard experience longer trip entire crew snorkel guide great eye
Reviewed April 3, 2018

I did a 4 day, 3 night Liveaboard trip on the Wunderpus and it exceeded my highest expectations. The boat was beautiful, with lovely air-conditioned cabins with ensuite bathroom, a lovely dining area and a sheltered lounge area complete with bean bag couches. Food was fantastic and varied. Safety was also a priority. I was impressed even as I booked and was told that there was not a fixed tour as where we went depended on conditions of the day. We were briefed about safety at the start of the trip, Chris took the scuba divers on a refresher dive, and during our dives, snorkelers had an experienced diver with them at all times with a life ring, scuba divers had Chris accompanying them and a speed boat stayed nearby the whole time. I was one of the snorkelers and our guide was very careful to keep us away from any dangerous currents. I was also very impressed by the attention given to preserving the environment, such as not touching any coral or manta rays if they swam close by. All rubbish was taken back to Labuan Bajo for disposal. The snorkelling was fabulous. There were thousands of multi-coloured fish, larger fish, turtles and of course the mantas and the beautiful coral gardens were stunning. The water was clear, clean and emerald blue and green. Chris and our snorkelling guide France were very knowledgeable about the area and made sure that we all got to see what we wanted including swimming with the mantas and seeing the dragons on Rinca island. Thanks so much Chris and France and everyone else in the crew of the Wunderpus who made this trip so memorable.

1  Thank ginnyh2015
Reviewed April 1, 2018

I spent three nights and four days scuba diving around Komodo aboard Wunderpus.

I was a little nervous before the trip, having had some sketchy dive experiences elsewhere and hearing that dive conditions around Komodo can be challenging. The fantastic dive master Chris put my nerves at ease from the first dive. He gave very good pre-dive briefings and conducted a dive skills review during the first dive. His patient and calm approach to the dives put the whole group at ease.

Beyond the dives, the whole crew are friendly and helpful, the boat is immaculate, with comfortable air-conditioned ensuite bedrooms and a comfortable upper deck with reclining seats in the shade. The four meals a day were tasty and varied -- I don't think any lunch or dinner dish was repeated.

My only regret is not booking a longer trip.

2  Thank melbournejon
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Absolutely epic! Having travelled extensively around indonesia, I can say this is the best trip I have done. Marcel and the crew were superb, knowing the currents and the best places to snorkel at the best times. We saw Manta rays, sharks, Komodo and every type of fish you could imagine- all thanks to our fantastic crew. Food was amazing, location was unbeatable and ambience relaxed. Nothing budget about this trip. We will be back ASAP!

1  Thank UkTheresa
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Stayed for 3d/2n on the Mimic with 5 other people. Boat is in excellent shape, crew is super friendly and very well organized, and the food is just amazing. I can strongly recommend it!

Date of experience: February 2018
4  Thank romanhoffmann
Reviewed March 9, 2018

You never know what you're going to get when you do a live aboard, I am here to tell you that my experience with this company was absolutely outstanding! The crew and staff of the boat were very knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and accommodating. The amount of dive sites that we went to visit was very well planned. Every single dive site was absolutely amazing in it's own way. I have been diving for 27 years and have been searching for the perfect spot. I found it here in Bali. The reef system is the healthiest reef I have ever seen. The food on the boat was outstanding. I stayed on the smaller boat for three days, the Mimic was the perfect rustic feel I was looking for. Their larger boat apparently has cabins for a nicer stay but I am the adventure type and really enjoyed sleeping on top of the boat with the stars as my ceiling. I can't say enough things about this great company and absolutely will be back to do a seven day trip with them hopefully soon.
Captin Q