All reviews bar menu soup value for money lovely hotel set menu lovely grounds evening meal couldn't do enough quiet location lovely room on the small side bed was comfortable steak plenty of parking weston hall four poster bed manor house
Reviewed August 8, 2016

We needed a quiet location after a busy day and this hotel fitted the bill. Tucked away in an attractive, quiet location, the hotel was of a good choice for us. Helpful staff and a generous breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for business plenty of parking and not too far off the M69. Hotel generally is clean and tidy and the staff are delightful. Food is simple typical chain pub grub but good portions and presented well. I think the hotels biggest down point is cosmetic really just needs a little updating in communal areas like bar and corridors. My room however was nicely decorated and a nice modern bathroom... with a bath! So with level of cleanliness and staff I'd give it 5 stars.. but the chain need to invest a little capital to bring it up to date so this pace can really blossom.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Booked this Hotel as I was have a meeting the following day in Coventry.
Found the hotel easy enough, nice old building.
Friendly staff at the reception giving me all details I needed.
found my room on the first floor. Nice room with very large bed, desk, couple of easy chairs and shower/bath room.
Went down to the bar for an evening meal, again nice friendly staff, meal was nice, I had a bar snack, you can eat in the dining room which looked nice.
Overall a nice Hotel, friendly staff.
Would I stay again, you bet:)

Room tip: My room was #31 which was nice:)
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

The Best Western chain invariable choose interesting buildings for their hotels and this 16th century manor house is no exception. Unfortunately they don't do very much with the assets at their disposal. Our room was so small that one of us had to stay on the bed whilst the other moved around. The restaurant had a nice looking menu though the food is only average. On the positive side the staff are cheerful and the prices are reasonable for what you get.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my partner. From start to finish it was just awful but quite comical at times because it was so bad. The check in was the quickest ever, which some might say is good, but there was no friendly welcoming at all. The first room we got given was tiny and very dated and the bed which should have been double, definitely wasn't. The bathroom door was broken and it lifted all the way up from the bottom. I asked for another room, which they gave straight away. The second room was bigger yes but again very dated, with old smelly furniture, peeling wallpaper and a very squeaky, old spring bed on wheels with a foam mattress topper! The window was cracked too but I must admit the bathroom was great with the exception of the shower glass door being loose so water went everywhere. I wouldn't recommend this at all and can pay £10/£20 more to get a nice, modern and friendly hotel. Checkout was very poor. No questions asked about our stay and wouldn't go back.

Date of stay: July 2016