“Staying and cooking at Torre del Tartufo is a dream!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chiaveretto
Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Staying and cooking at Torre del Tartufo is a dream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed for a week at Torre del Tartufo. The ambinace is outstanding, never seen such a beautifull villa wich such a breathtaking view. Staff is highly dedicated and chef Franco is a professionel with the capability to teach! I learned to make the best Ossobuco ever made.

Searching black truffles with a hunter and his dog, and with success.

I can hihgly recommend Torre del Tartufo to every one who loves the Italian live in combination with cooking class.

Arjen Paardekooper
Amsterdam, the Netherlands

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Sandefjord
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

My 60th birthday present from my husband was a 3 day cooking course with Tuscookany and what a wonderful present it was! We stayed at the charming, picturesque Torre del Tartufo, high in the hills of Tuscany. My husband came along, and though he did not cook, he joined us for all the scrumptious meals, superb wines, and relaxing atmosphere. Our group of 14 included interesting people from all over the world: Sydney Australia, South Korea, London, Toronto Canada, Dallas, Denver, and us from Norway. There were couples, singles and groups of friends. The talented chef and his assistants were fun and helpful and everything was well organised. The outing on the last day was most interesting and we came to places we wouldn`t have found on our own.
Highly recommended -- a fantastic experience!!!
Kathy Prestgaard
Sandefjord, Norway

Monument, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

The setting is spectacular, villa wonderfully restored, chef and helpers top notch with a sence of humor handling inexperienced would-be-cooks. The meals were well planned and the food outstanding (even if we did cook it ourselves). Loved the "teams" approach so we got to work with the exceptional people who were our classmates. This is first class in every way!

Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Torre del Tartufo exceeded my expectations! The entire experience was simply delightful from the food to the staff, to the accommodations! I would HIGHLY recommend Torre del Tartufo to friends and family. I'm absolutely positive I will be a guest there again.

Room Tip: Beautiful, comfortable and well supplied. You don't have to bring much. It's all there!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Torre del Tartufo is by far the most relaxing 'vacation with a purpose' I have ever taken. Barbara, Franco, Ryan and Paola have the formula down to make sure that you enjoy the sights of Tuscany, cook fabulous meals but also have enough down-time during your stay to truly relax and enjoy your vacation. I consider myself to be a novice cook, so this is a wonderful opportunity to improve my cooking skills while meeting and enjoying the company of people from around the world.

Torre del Tartufo is one of the very few locations where the pictures online do not do it justice. They are wonderful pictures but the villa and surroundings are FAR BETTER than you can see online. I have had the pleasure of going to cooking school there twice and will absolutely be returning again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Dear Pippa,

We just returned from our holiday @ Torre del Tartuffo - what can I say! A truly unforgetable Tuscan experience, so much better than what I had imagined. Barbara was wonderful, having paid attention to every minute detail and request, so meticulously - our quaint and luxurious appartment, schedule, dietary requirements, recommendations for spending our free day, transport arrangements, massage... I can go on forever! As for Franco & Paula, their warmth, patience, professionalism and enthusiasm are a testament to Torre del Tartufo - we are so inspired by them and everything we learnt. They made us feel at home straight away, as did Ryan with his wonderful sense of humour. Do please pass on my thanks to them all. We will definitely be back one day!

Warmest regards,

Mubina

Room Tip: Our 'Oregano' appartment was ideal for families
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I'm not even sure where to begin! I was a little hesitant to book this since I was going as a solo traveler, and I relied on the TripAdvisor reviews - they are on point. Communication from the property manager ahead of time was great, with all questions being answered. When I arrived at the train station I took a cab, since I didn't rent a car. The trip of the mountain was not for the faint of heart! However, when we arrived at the top, I was stunned at the villa and the view. I was greeted by Barbara (who is just FANTASTIC, can't way enough). She escorted me to my room and showed me around the villa. The rooms are updated, but still have a rustic touch, including windows that open, but no screens. I quickly met some of the other guests and was introduced to the house white wine (we got to know each other very well - the wine and the other guests). There were 9 of us there total, 7 of which were all solo travelers from all over the world. Everything about the week met and exceeded my expectations. The food was obviously a highlight, and it was hard to believe we produced it. The cookbook that you are given is so professionally done, but be sure to get a scale, that was the first thing I bought when I got home. I would recommend renting a car so you can explore the neighboring villages. I thoroughly enjoyed our day excursion especially to the olive oil press and the family home where we had lunch. The cooking classes were very fun and informative and appropriate for all skill levels. There is a beautiful pool, a great wood-fired hot tub, and they even have a masseuse who came up and was available for massages. I cannot recommend this place highly enough - if there were 10 stars I would give it 10 stars! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chiaveretto
19.9 km away
B&B Poggio del Drago
B&B Poggio del Drago
#1 of 109 in Arezzo

Been to Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany? Share your experiences!