Residence Inn Spokane East Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley(Spokane Valley)(Great Value!)
US$114
La Quinta
Comfort Inn & Suites(Spokane Valley)
US$99
Super 8 Spokane Valley(Spokane Valley)
US$71
Quality Inn Valley Suites(Spokane Valley)(Great Value!)
US$87
QualityInn
US$105
HIExpress.com
Mirabeau Park Hotel(Spokane Valley)
US$95
US$89
US$139
Hampton.com
US$99
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley(Spokane Valley)
US$109
My Place Hotel - Spokane Valley, WA(Spokane Valley)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$79
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenthanksgiving weekendfaint praiseminute drive from downtownadded conveniencebike trailbreakfast attendantliving areathe check in processcomplimentary hot breakfastluggage cartconvenient locationnight stayonly stayed one nightbreakfast buffetan update
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We stayed in Spokane on night five of an eleven night trip, so I am comparing this hotel to the other hotels we stayed at. I’m very surprised after reading the other reviews because I thought this hotel was fairly new so it must have been recently remodeled. Check in staff was really nice and helpful; he recommended Red Robin which was a good place for dinner. Our room was large, very clean and nicely furnished. We did notice that it was smaller than the other Residence Inn that we stayed at, but it was still fine. Even though we were by an exit door, the hotel room was very, very quiet. We had a great night sleep, although the beds were not as comfortable as other hotels. (They spend their money on very nice flat screen TVs). Breakfast was good, and our night stay gave us a good start on our day. The Residence Inn was great for extended family (I was with my parents) because I had a private room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank surfinginflorida
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We have always loved the Residence Inn (in the Spokane Valley and other properties). However our past two trips to Spokane this summer have ben quite disappointing.

What's striking is the decline in service. Not only did we notice that the room was not as clean as usual (dirty coffee pots and carpeting) but the customer service has really suffered. During our visit last week, we returned only to discover our room had not even been cleaned. And by cleaned, I mean not even touched. (As guests of this hotel probably know, the hotel has long given up actually changing the bedding during your visit.) The small garbage cans were overflowing, no towels and the other standard items you'd expect to be plentiful in the suit. And when we called to complain, the hotel seem to suggest we must have left the "do not disturb" sign up or had told the maid not to bother cleaning the room. Hmmm....

There were no real apologies or efforts to compensate us for the poor service. And to top it off, our daughter left her phone charger in the room. Despite repeated attempts this week to get it returned, we are still waiting for a response.

So, as much as we have been frequent Marriott Rewards/Residence Inn customers, this experience is enough to prompt us too look at alternative options for our next trip - like the brand new Hampton Suites next door or the new Holiday Inn Express down the road in Coeur D' Alene.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2010

My husband and I and our 15 year old son stayed two nights at this hotel July 2 - 4, 2010. We had a two bedroom suite. The suite itself is quite nice - if you don't bother with any details. What I mean is, the dishes were dirty, the carpet was in dire need of a cleaning, and the beds were terribly uncomfortable. The first thing that management needs to do is REPLACE the beds!!!!!

When we contacted the front desk about our bed, the best they would do is flip the mattress. This was unacceptable. We asked to speak to a manager. Guess what? There is no manager on duty on weekends and nobody is authorized to make a decision. We requested that a manager call us directly on Monday morning - that was over a week ago and we are still waiting!

Our room was not cleanded until 6:30 p.m. I don't think it was even cleaned.

The breakfast bar did not have enough food for the amount of people who were tyring to eat.

This was the second time we stayed here. We will NEVER go back and we will tell anyone and everyone about the horrible experience and very very very poor service we received from this hotel.

Save your money - stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a little over a month while on a business trip. The maids do not vaccum, clean the bathroom or wipe down the counters during your stay. After two-weeks, I still did not have clean sheets on my bed. I even went as far as to take the sheets off of the bed before work and to my complete surprise they put the same dirty sheets back on my bed. I complained twice and finally had to call the "800" customer service number before I could get them to clean the room correctly. I went as far as to ask for my own sheets and cleaning supplies. The gym is extremely small and only offers three antique pieces of equipment. On most mornings you have to battle others for a place in breakfast line and are lucky to get anything to eat if you are not there at 6:30am sharp. They allow pets but do not treat for fleas well because I felt as if I was constantly killing little bugs everywhere. The only positive things that I can say about this place is that the room is big enough for anyone who has an extended stay. I will most likely not stay here again. Very disappointing for a Marriot.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank relaxuremind
Reviewed 13 June 2010

The Residence Inn Spokane East Valley is conveniently located for both the short term and longer term guest. The hotel is approximately 1/2 mile from the Spokane Valley Mall, but yet is in a much quieter, less trafficked location, east of Sullivan Road - so one is convenient to the mall, without the mall traffic. There are numerous dining choices at the Sullivan Road exit on I-90 - with the majority of the fast food choices located south of I-90. TGI Friday's, Outback and Red Robin are adjacent to the mall, north of I-90. Shopping is on both sides of I-90 - Wal-Mart and Fred Meyer are south of I-90. This makes the location very convenient to anyone on either a short term or long term stay as far as food choices.

The hotel is also located along the Centennial Trail, a popular walking, jogging, biking trail along the Spokane River - extending in total length some 60 miles. There is access via a dirt path from the hotel; there is also access to the Trail from an office building parking lot just to the west of the hotel, or at the northwest corner of Sullivan and Indiana.

The hotel is also convenient for anyone wanting to visit both Spokane and Coeur D'Alene attractions, as it is approximately 10 miles east of downtown Spokane and 19 miles west of the main exit for central Coeur D'Alene - all via I-90.

As for the hotel itself, the hotel was very clean and seemed calmer and quieter than a typical Residence Inn. While we occasionally heard children in the hallway, there was no nightime disturbance. The staff seemed friendlier and more caring than a typical Residence Inn and also less harried. The breakfast / evening dining area was nicely laid out.

The negatives for the hotel are that the rooms were on the small side and the lack of changing linens in our room. We had a one bedroom suite. There was very drawer space in the room. As we stayed five nights, this was not a major problem, but for a couple on a long term stay, I would think this would be a major drawback. The bedroom was tiny, and there was just enough walking space between the bed and the three drawer TV stand.

Housekeeping during our stay was of only average quality. We stayed five nights and our bed linens were not changed once. One day the wastebasket under the kitchen sink was left on top of the kitchen sink, and another day the toilet paper was not replenished. That said, despite hanging up towels, they were replaced each day, and soap / shampoo was always replenished.

On the whole, I was very pleased with our decision to stay at this Residence Inn both due to the location and having a bit more space to stretch out while in the room. In addition, I thought the location was ideal. Without more closet / drawer space, I would have concerns about staying here long term, however.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple