“~~ A wonderful selection of FRESH food, cooked the way YOU want! ~~”

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #23 of 190 Restaurants in Spokane Valley
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Not planning on eating out on this particular day we landed at the HuHot Mongolian Grill in Spokane Valley tired and HUNGRY! This was our first experience of this chain so we had a little bit of a learning experience to go through to get our food tasting as we like it and as hot/spicy as we prefer. We were NOT disappointed!

With kids in tow we all filled up our bowls with meat of choice, noodles and veggies. The selection of vegetables is AMAZING! NOTE: Adults will likely need TWO bowls in order to get everything they want on their plate. ( I filled three the first time!) Once you are through with the food selection it is time to add sauces. As our waiter explained to us, you do need to put on more than you think as much of it will burn off whilst cooking. DON'T forget the sesame oil! SO be adventurous, add a little of several and head to the massive round griddle.

At the griddle you will give your bowls to one of the chefs. You will then move around. If in a group STAY in the ORDER that you hand your bowls over. This way the chefs know exactly whose plate to give to whom. If you want an egg added to your meal just ask and they will cook one for you and add it in.

At just under $15 a head this is not a cheap place to eat but all of us felt it was worth it. At the time we went which just happened to be a Wednesday, kids under 10 ate FREE thus our 7 year old was FREE which was a blessing. Saying that, for fresh food and as much of it as you want, we all came out of there stuffed and satisfied. Would we recommend this restaurant to others? Yes! Will we visit there again? Yes, if we are ever in the area again.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I wanted to go somewhere with some healthy food and this place seemed like it would be good. The price was pretty good but oh my goodness!!! This place was so incredibly dirty... as soon as we got up to the food area I wanted to leave but I felt like we were in too far already. The meat was weird. The chicken didn't look like chicken. It was cut very thin and was very dry as was the other meats. All the foods had other things mixed in them... veggies had meat or meat had veggies in them... the counters were filthy and so were the floors... The worst part of all was when we went to get our bowls and they were all dirty. I thought that maybe it was just the top ones that had some stuff dropped on them but no... I lifted up multiple bowls and even the underneath ones like 4 or 5 bowls in were dirty... The selection of veggies was terrible... the carrots were super thin... The teriyaki sauce was terrible... It was SO salty... when the guys were doing or stir frys the sauce was completely burnt and it tasted like it after too... And the cooking area was disgusting, seriously incredibly disgusting... I did not have seconds at all. I did not let my kids have seconds either. The drinks were so huge that none of us could finish them but when I asked it we could take them to go we weren't allowed to. I really think the food inspectors need to go in here and check them out because it was really, really bad... I have never given a bad review like this before but I would not recommend this place to anyone... Stay away!!!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The buffet here is huge and the meat and noodle bowls just the right size. The cooks are always entertaining but what really makes the meal is the tremendous variety of sauces... it makes for the best Mongolian in Spokane County. No question.

HuHot-Mary, Owner at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thanks for the high praise MattyIrish...you made us blush!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Huhot is our favorite Mongolian place! The food selection is always great, atmosphere is nice and clean, service is top notch. Our server tonight, Randy, was great! Thanks Huhot for a great experience every time.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We love this buffet!!! I wish they had more of a veggie selection. I love how they cook it Infront of you. The food is always fresh.