“Nice”
other travellers have booked this property
Deck Hot Tub
Fully Fitted Kitchen
Hall
Sauna Room
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

gjb89
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice”
Reviewed May 18, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

It's a lovely little lodge, I looked for ages for one with a log fire and hot tub, the hot tub to my surprise was hot whenever you wanted it I thought you may have to heat it up! We used the sauna once but it was fine, the village down the road is nice, the little area the lodge is in is so quiet with lots of cute sheep around!

I have to say I found the signs on everything so excessive and quite unwelcoming to be honest, I do understand that there need to rules but having stopped in accommodation across the world I have never seen anything like it, I think one book of rules is enough and perhaps charge a deposit on the place rather than rules on everything it does bring an unsettling tone to the place in my opinion. Overall it was nice though, it's got everything you could think of, even a little stump out the front of you want to practice your lumberjack skills lol

Management Response
22 May 2016
Thank you for your review. The lodges are special places. The signage is fully answered in the previous review and conforms to UK law. Using a damage deposit has the implication of pushing up the booking cost for guests by 25%. My administration costs would also go up by at least 25% in managing, accounting and refunding this deposit. All of these extra costs would then have to be reflected back to the guests’ rental charge. I feel that it would be very unfair to penalise all guests and push their holiday costs up, just because of a few that incur damage. Whereas now, very few do, since I undertook this simple approach of communicating the necessary information as provided to avoid any problems occurring in the first place. Most guests respect this approach and it has worked very well for last six years, with many guests recommending us and returning time and time again. We hope you understand our reasoning, and hope you return for another stay in the future.
princessb...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Me, my partner and the laminator!”
Reviewed April 22, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed here the first weekend in April as a surprise for my boyfriends birthday. I have to say first impressions were great despite the Welsh weather. When we arrived it was very easy access to the property, everything was clean and all we could hear was bird song, lovely!!
The cabin itself is very well equipped, the bed was beyond comfortable and I had the best nights sleep I had had in years. Kitchen was well stocked and it was nice having little touches like tea, milk and biscuits there for you.
My biggest complaint about this stay though has to be the laminated signs and believe me there are many!!! Now I appreciate this is someones property and I appreciate that not all guests have common sense (I work in hospitality so know this fact to well) however the amount of signs that are plastered over the walls, welcome pack, floors and doors is just too much of an extreme. As another reviewer wrote it makes you start to question if what you are doing is allowed. I was frightened to go to the loo for fear of doing something wrong in the bathroom. After paying a substantial amount of money for a 3 night stay I do not want to be told I cannot have a bath, which is what one says. So if I could give one piece of advice to the owner then please less of the signs and if you are going to write them please at least get the spelling correct.
My other half wanted to leave a comment in the guest book but we couldn't find a laminator to cover it in haha!
To sum up, beautiful lodge, beautiful part of the world, some great places to eat nearby including the Brigands Inn and the Cross Foxes just too much of a control freak to be letting out this property.
Would we stay again, probably not, it really was over the top.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
24 Apr 2016
Thank you for your comments on the property standards we maintain. In the 15 years of trading and several thousand bookings taken, you are only the third guest that has commented on the signage in a negative way. 85% of this signage, as most realise, are legally required under UK law, in particular as required by Health and Safety law, Fire, insurance and rental property standards, these signs also have to be displayed appropriately at any point of risk by law. 10% of the signs are user instructions that have been designed over the years from feedback of guests, to allow them to interface quickly with the various appliances and aspects of the property. Since these were implemented, I have received very few phone calls requesting further assistance, whereas, I used to receive a great many. The last 5% are advisory signage for guests to avoid any other unnecessary problems that I have become aware of over the years. Since these were introduced, it’s become a rarity for me to be called out to resolve any issues or more importantly to disturb a guest’s holiday.

Due to me being dyslexic and having lost my wife to illness, yes there was the odd spelling error that crept in on my last rewrite two years ago due to me then being diagnosed with cancer shortly after. I did not get back to correcting these spelling errors, but none of the spelling errors affected the clarity of the message that is obligated to be conveyed. And as it happens, Pam my new wife has just spent a very long month behind the scene rewriting, spell checking and updating the information pack. So, this has now been fixed and re-laminated.

The bottom line is I have a duty of care under the law to my guests. In this duty of care, I can make no assumption of their prior knowledge, and in this I must communicate fully, all of which I am aware, that they need to know for their own health and safety.

I am fully aware of Health and Safety law to do with the holiday lettings industry, Hot Tubs, wood burners, saunas and night storage central heating, and the legal requirements of how it needs to be displayed, but am only too aware that others are not.
Rebecca A
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Stunning and very romantic!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Wow! Not one bad thing about this place, the most amazing lodge we have ever stayed in! The rooms are perfect, hot tub is very romantic, sauna is great to relax in, log fire is great to heat the whole house, garden is fantastic to run around on and play with the dog, wifi, most comfortable sofas I've sat on and the kitchen has everything you need! We absolutely love this lodge and cant wait to come back, the atmosphere is perfect and very relaxing. We have drove all around the area and up to Snowdonia, there is plenty to stop at and see (loads of places to stop and take a walk) great for kids! A 5minutes drive takes you to a visitors centre where you can go for bike trecks through the forest and along the river. Absolutely amazing lodge! We cant wait to come back and stay even longer! The only bad thing is we had to leave :( 5 star rating! The best place to stay!!!! :) :) :) very happy!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Hannahxxl...
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed March 10, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I have been here twice in a year and wish I could go more! It is such a lovely cabin and place to get away to for a relaxing time, has everything you need and very romantic! Would highly recommend to anyone!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
CazMorgs
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for a relaxing break”
Reviewed February 28, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

This log cabin is the perfect place to stay for a realxing break. It's beautifully decorated and very spacious as well. It was always lovely and warm and it it did get a bit chillier the lovely log burner took care of that. The hot tub was amazing as was the suana and the hardest decision we made all week was which to use first. Very quiet location away from everything. Will be back for sure.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub
Liked least: Very remote no shops close by
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Scott R
“Perfect”
Reviewed February 8, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Stayed here on a long weekend, the surroundings are beautiful and the lodge itself is amazing. Everything you could wish for on a break away from it all. Will 100% be returning.

Superone5...
“Gorgeous ”
Reviewed September 12, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Stayed her on a midweek break in September 15.
It's a very tranquil, beautiful area, perfect for our honeymoon.
The lodge itself was very nice and comfortable. It was a home away from home and had everything you would need.
The hot tub was amazing. Very welcome after a full days walking in the nearby mountains.
Our only complaint is that we had to go home. We could have stayed forever.
Hoping to return very soon.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing