“Family park”

Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Georgina
More attraction details
Owner description: Phone:
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

A nice place for family picnic. Beach was fine but there were a lot of weeds but as you go deeper the water became clear. There are camping grounds and picnic area with shelter. You can do bbq without permit. Picnic areas were lush green and shady. Washrooms were also clean. Overall a good place to visit and relax!!

3  Thank Sadaf A
"water shoes"
"site"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I was very excited to go on this camping trip since it has been a very long time but this park was very disappointing. The registration staff at the entrance were very polite and courteous. They gave me the wrong directions to my camp site but I’m sure that was an innocent mistake. I have 3 reasons why I will never go there again unless it’s for a day trip. I would actually recommend it if you’re just going for the day.
1- The washrooms were filthy beyond anything I had ever seen in my life and I am very well travelled
2- The park rangers came over to our camp while we were sitting around the fire and said we were talking too loud. If we were I could accept it but we really weren’t loud. They were polite about it but I thought it was a bit much.
3- There were really loud bangs throughout the night. It sounded like they were firing a shotgun inside a shipping container. That’s something the park rangers should worry themselves with instead of harassing people sitting quietly by a fire. We weren’t able to sleep all night it was so loud and frequent.

4  Thank Nimabambam
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

My family and I went there last weekend about 10 of us for a camping adventure. Very beautiful place the camping area and its sorrounding. We went to the beach, there were so many people there, but we saw why they came there because it is so beautiful. We visited the amphitheatre, Eidon Hall museum, and St George Church while there. It's great that persons from all walks of life, whether young or old can visit there. Next year we will be camping there again.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went camping with three other families. Our site was 535 and it was perfect. Site is huge and close to the comfort stations. Our site was clean, and spacious. The comfort station were clean, showers were a good size. The beach on Sunday was packed but expected for a hot summer day. Monday the beach was less crowded. Water was warm and shallow for the kids to swim safely. The campground was quite even on a Saturday night and each morning was peaceful. Overall, I would go back to this campground.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We were here for camping for several days over the August long weekend.

Before I start my review I need to make it clear that this is not about the staff. The staff here work hard and are underappreciated. They're doing their best but it's a "trying to put a bandaid onto a fire hydrant to stop the flow of water" kind of situation.

So many of the sites had way too many people on them. There were 3+ cars at a lot of sites too. There are rules about how many people and cars are allowed to be at a site. I don't know if it was day visitors coming in to see people at a site but so many of the sites had way too many people and vehicles.

The washrooms and comfort stations were filthy. There was garbage and wet toilet paper all over the floors. Mud everywhere. Some horrible people defecated in the showers and left them there.

When we got to our site the fire pit was full of garbage. There was even a medical syringe type device in the fire pit. The forests behind the sites were full of garbage too.

I saw people plugging extension cords into the outlet in the comfort station so that they could use their Instant Pot or pressure cooker.

The amount of day use visitors was mind boggling. It looked like Union Station during rush hour. There were cars double and triple parked all over the place. The beach and grass areas were so overrun we couldn't even use the beach. The roads were clogged inside and outside the park with traffic. It was like being on the 401 at rush hour. I bet the locals hate the park because of this.

Way too many people visiting this park are on their worst behavior when they come here. This park is way too close to the city. We will never come here again. We came to camp with friends who only do car camping, but typically we tend to mostly go backcountry camping. This situation I described above is exactly why we primarily go deep into the backcountry. I feel sorry for the kids who work at this park - they probably don't get paid enough to deal with the people who come here.