“Wonderful campground on beautiful Lake Simco.”

Sibbald Point Provincial Park
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Georgina
More attraction details
Owner description: Phone:
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful campground only an hour out of GTA. Each site was very large and beautifullly surrounded by trees for shade and comfort. All equipped with picnic table as well as iron fire bins. Individual showers with locked doors. Short 2 minute drive to beach as well as boat lift. Lake Simco is gorgeous. Our site had electrical but not individual water. Also a lot of sites you are on earth not grass area but overall a wonderful experience.

Date of experience: September 2018
in 12 reviews
"dogs"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Hardwoods campground the weekend after the September long weekend.

Many of the sites in this campground are labelled as pull thru sites. However, this would be difficult with larger trailers. The beach is a 10 15 minute walk from Hardwoods

The park store was closed despite the park being very busy.

The park was very busy with Day use and there was a line to enter late morning.

Ok park for a weekend getaway.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

A nice place for family picnic. Beach was fine but there were a lot of weeds but as you go deeper the water became clear. There are camping grounds and picnic area with shelter. You can do bbq without permit. Picnic areas were lush green and shady. Washrooms were also clean. Overall a good place to visit and relax!!

3  Thank Sadaf A
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I was very excited to go on this camping trip since it has been a very long time but this park was very disappointing. The registration staff at the entrance were very polite and courteous. They gave me the wrong directions to my camp site but I’m sure that was an innocent mistake. I have 3 reasons why I will never go there again unless it’s for a day trip. I would actually recommend it if you’re just going for the day.
1- The washrooms were filthy beyond anything I had ever seen in my life and I am very well travelled
2- The park rangers came over to our camp while we were sitting around the fire and said we were talking too loud. If we were I could accept it but we really weren’t loud. They were polite about it but I thought it was a bit much.
3- There were really loud bangs throughout the night. It sounded like they were firing a shotgun inside a shipping container. That’s something the park rangers should worry themselves with instead of harassing people sitting quietly by a fire. We weren’t able to sleep all night it was so loud and frequent.

4  Thank Nimabambam
See more reviews
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

My family and I went there last weekend about 10 of us for a camping adventure. Very beautiful place the camping area and its sorrounding. We went to the beach, there were so many people there, but we saw why they came there because it is so beautiful. We visited the amphitheatre, Eidon Hall museum, and St George Church while there. It's great that persons from all walks of life, whether young or old can visit there. Next year we will be camping there again.