“Fun times! Amazing ”

Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Tignish
Type: Other
“Fun times! Amazing ”
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Kenny and his wife were amazing,knowledgeable and fun. We got to pull in lobster pods, fish for mackerel and eat like Queens!

Visited July 2016

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing, spectacular, and awesome! ”
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Kenny and his wife took us out on their beautiful boat and we went Lobster pod pulling!!! It was amazing, we got to pull pods, measure lobster, and push the traps back in. Both we very knowledgeable about the fisherys and provided us with a great deal of information. While they were cooking up lobster for us to eat they set us up to do some mackerel fishing. Now the most spectacular part, they cooked the lobster in sea water.....melted garlic butter.....mmmmm sooo delicious. Your right Kenny, cant get fresher than that. Highly recommend this tour!!!

Visited June 2016
Edmonton, Canada
“Mackerel Fishing tour”
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

Captain Kenny made our trip amazing. He answered all my boys' questions and let them experience all they wanted (within safety reason). We caught Mackerel, saw whales and seals - as well we fed the Gannets (which was amazing) - they dive right next to the boat like torpedoes. Kenny was very knowledgeable and friendly - amazing with the kids. He even cleaned our fish right in front of us... They were very tasty. I would highly recommend his tours!! Two thumbs up! Thanks again for the wonderful experience!

Visited August 2015
Hamilton, Canada
“What an amazing time!”
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Captain Ken is a very knowledgeable passionate person who will take the time to give you the tour you want. We saw seals, gannets diving and on our way back he spotted some activity. So over we went and there we found minke whales. Fantastic. And if you want to fish for tuna there is no one better. Captain Ken knows these fish and will do everything possible to find and help you catch one. This tour was a definate highlight of our trip. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2015
tignish
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

I've been out on the WayPoint 04 a few times and enjoyed every second I was out. The first time we went out my daughter was 4 maybe 5 and her first trip out on a large fishing boat. We went fishing mackerel. I caught 26. Kenny the captain gave instructions on how to jig and was ready to help when needed. I don't like fish (I know so why was I out there...well for the joy of being on a boat out on the open water) so Kenny took the fish off the hook for me. It was a great experience and the fish were plentiful. It was drop hook haul up a fish was quick. There were other people on the boat as well we all had a great day. Kenny showed my daughter how to fish and how to hold the fish and how to remove the fish from the hook. We got to see some birds I don't remember what they were called they dive deep into the water and back out with a fish. Seagulls of course and seals. Once fishing was done we took a drive down to the rock reef off of North Cape while he BBQ some of the fish we caught for us to try. I didn't have any because I don't like fish but it did smell good. Once at the rock reef there were hundreds of seals pn the reef. It was amazing to see. On the way back to the warf Kenny cleaned all the fish so we could take it home. I've gone out a few times since then and each time is just as fun as the last. I've only done the mackerel fishing trip but one day I want to do the whale watching trip. I'm sure it will be a good experience.

1 Thank tignishbunny