“Excellent seafood next to the marina”
Review of La Vela

La Vela
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Pieta
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2016

This place is located directly on the water next to the marina in Pieta. Parking is easy (a rarety in Malta) especially for dinner when the boaters have returned home. Fish and shell fish is king here with a daily changing menu depending on the catch of the day. Everything is super fresh right of the boat. The raw oysters were meaty and briny. Excellent pairing for a Saignon Blanc. I had the Maltese scorpion fish, which was very good and came with an assortment of vegetables and potatos. This fish has a firm flesh and hence can be a bit chewy if not cooked right. La Vela steams it just right though. As a dessert I had the chocolate lava cake. It was okay but I had better. Great and quiet place for seafood or pasta with sea food, though meat lovers will find at least one dish to please them.

Reviewed April 17, 2016

I visited this restaurant for the first time with friends for dinner. I had checked reviews before deciding to give it a try and it certainly lives up to its reputation. The food is delicious and presented beautifully. The salmon I ordered was cooked to perfection.The dessert menu is quite limited but the lemon sorbet I ordered was fantastic. Service is excellent too. Staff is friendly and whereas all our needs were attended to, we were left to enjoy our meal in peace. Parking space is amply available too - which also helps! I will certainly be returning!

1  Thank Nicoise2015
Reviewed March 30, 2016

Went on a Tuesday evening. First plus is that there was ample parking. The seafood platter (for 2) is divine and a meal in itself. Staff very helpful and fish was simply cooked to maximise flavour. The restaurant is cosy and intimate and they have a wonderful terrace overlooking Msida creek. We will definitely return .

Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for Sunday lunch.
Location is excellent.
Service was quick, but my personal overall experience with regards to quality of food served + service given vs. price has not met my expectations.
Probably won't return.

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed March 26, 2016

Really great seafood and fish made in Sicilian style. Use to come for Sunday lunch with friends or evening for dinner.

One of Malta's top five sea food restaurants!