“complete family style welcome”
Review of Casa do Mar

Casa do Mar
Ranked #3 of 10 Tofo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Stayed 8 nights at this wonderful place as part of a group, nothing was left out, the rooms are almost all sea view, although ours wasn't but the place was full and we were just unlucky. All facilities were really well provided and the welcome was the best. This is not 5* luxury but doesn't pretend to be, however it is most definitely a beautiful place with outstanding views of a fantastic location. Humpback whales leaping out in front of our eyes, whalesharks everywhere, mantas too. Would definitely return, with the hope that nothing changes this amazing place. Thanks to Daphne and Jakkie who could not do more to try to please everyone.

Room Tip: sea view room best - not sure if they have wifi but our room at the back did not
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We arrived at Casa do Mar as guests and left as friends! Daphne and Jakkie are superb hosts who simply want guests to have a comfortable and relaxing stay - and we did! Beautiful rooms - we had a sea view to die for. Can't beat sitting on your own balcony in a big comfy chair with G&T listening to the sea and watching over a very quiet, sandy, long beach. We were scuba diving daily so appreciated a good, early breakfast and always a delicious snack on our return. A well-stocked honesty bar and friendly chats added to the ambience. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly staff. The resident chefs are excellent and will cook for you on request. We had delicious meals - the most memorable was an amazing and generous seafood platter . Very comfortable poolside area with plush cushions and towels provided. Highly recommend and we hope to return in 2 years' time. (Thank you Daphne for your kindness throughout and flexibility regarding our late arrival). x

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Discovered this amazing spot in Tofo. Best place by far. Amazing view from our clean and big room. Staff is amazing and super friendly. Always there when we need something, even when we are late for breakfast, they will make a plan. Everyone goes out of their way just to make your holiday special.
We planned to stay 2 nights and ended up staying 5 night.
We just loved the idea of the honesty bar and we are sure we will have a lot more fun evenings there.
I will recommend this place to everyone. I won't stay anywhere else again.
Huge thank you to Jakkie and Daphne. Can't wait for our next visit. Hopefully soon!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Our 3 night stay turned into a 8 night stay.

My son, my brother and I went to Mozambique to charter Jakkie's boat "Master Jack". Casa Do Mar surprised me from the start. From the friendly staff to the setting on the beach with excellent view of the ocean and beach.

On numerous occasions while having breakfast and dinner I commented to my brother and son that it doesn't get better than this, referring to eating good food accompanied with exceptional view. We were always greeted by Casa Do Mar's two chef's that always prepared our food to our liking.

Jakkie is one of the most pleasant people that I have ever met, Jackie and his wife Daphne went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable one. So much so that we are already planning our next stay but with my whole family.

Catching fish on Jakkie's boat was indeed an highlight, we had such a good time while catching fish. Jakkie's knowledge of the sea is remarkable. This venture is definitely to be repeated, I would like to have my daughters experience what we have experienced.

I can highly recommend Casa Do Mar to all who wants to visit the Tofo area!

Room Tip: Sea facing is always good, but then again your on the beach most of the time.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Stayed at Casa do Mar at the end of April 2017 , Lovely place , food was excellent , We had fresh fish almost every day. Jakkie the owner asked us every morning if we wanted prawns or fresh fish for dinner . Jakkie and Daphne fetched us from the airport and made us feel so welcome . The staff made the most wonderful tea snacks, chocolate cake , muffins , Daphne was helpful and generous when we asked her to explore Inhambane, We did not bring beach towels and she was happy for us to borrow Casa do Mar's beach towels to take with to the beach.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view of the sea, if you want quieter rooms the bottom level rooms are less noisy .
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We (my family 2 kids and my wife) did not stay at Casa do Mar (unfortunatelly) - however Jakkie was so nice and went fishing with me and my older son (11 years old).

This was an unforgettable experience and really great fun. Jakkie knows how to fish and was pleasant and very friendly all the time. If we ever go there again - we will go fishing with Jakkie. My son still talks about the 3 tunas biting at the same time and all the fun and adrenalin while watching the whales, sharks and other wildlife around us.

The boat of Jakkie is very nice and well maintained, so is his fishing gear and the person who helped us, was also very nice.

Highly recommended and an experience of a life time.

Thanks Kurt + Family

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Jakkie M, Owner at Casa do Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Thanks so much for the nice review!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

My wife and I had the pleasure to spend 6 nights at Casa do Mar. The staff and management were there to welcome us at 8pm, after an unpleasant booking experience that went wrong at another accommodation in Tofinho beach.
Despite the fact that was Easter week, we were offered a fair last-minute rate for a small bedroom - which was far better than the deal we had at the other guesthouse. Two days later, Daphne provided us with a much better bedroom, with a gorgeous view to the beach, for no extra charge, until the end of our stay.
The infrastructure is excellent! So is the staff, represented by Ito, Adriano, Sergio and João. They were always there for us when we needed. Well trained professionals, always smiling and ready to answer the guests' needs.
Cleanliness is a top factor for us, and Casa do Mar did not disappoint us there. As a matter of fact, our stay was everything but disappointing. We had a wonderful time, relaxing on the swimming pool, which has a beautiful view to the sea, and going to the beach. We had no issue whatsoever with noise during our stay.
The breakfast offered was perfect for us. Well served and carefully prepared by the house chef.
I do recommend Casa do Mar to future guests.

Room Tip: Choose the bedrooms on the mid-floor (one level down from the entrance floor) with the sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tofo
0.1 km away
7.1 km away
Sentidos Beach Retreat
Sentidos Beach Retreat
#1 of 1 in Praia da Barra

Been to Casa do Mar? Share your experiences!