1,433 results
All reviews tiki hut boathouse restaurant beachfront room beach bar lake view rooms are small third floor across the street beach access gas fireplace hot tub king bed heavenly village shawn joshua sidelines safeway
Reviewed October 9, 2018

The property is a bit dated. Looks like there has been some cosmetic work but the room still shows it’s age. Felt like we were sleeping under big foot all night. Got bitten by some unknown insect while sleeping. There were hairs in tub/shower. As we were only there 1 night for a family event, did not address to seek resolution other than to resolve not to stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank imaburns
nverdile, Manager at Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for the issues you encountered and will discuss with housekeeping immediately. We work hard to provide a quality product and this is unacceptable. We hope you give us another chance to wow you in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Large resort complex with friendly, helpful staff. We chose a lakeside room and were rewarded with beautiful views and an amazing sunset. Easy walk to nearby restaurants.

The basic room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom could benefit from being refreshed.

The Wifi was ok, but had a 10MB limit. Seriously? This is not a remote island country. Does wifi really cost that much that you have to charge the customers separately for it.

Room tip: some lakeside rooms have view of the lake and mountains.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our resort. I apologize for the wi-fi issues, we have a meeting with our provider this week as we have had multiple reviews stating this problem. We look forward to having it resolved ASAP and hopefully if you return to the Beach Retreat you will be happy with the solution we provide. We also plan to update bathrooms in the near future and are continually looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

We had a lake view room and it was gorgeous. Very peaceful and the private beach is nice. Our room was comfortable overall.
The boiler in our building went down and so we had no hot water one night. The front staff was very nice and accommodating and gave us a key to an empty room so that we could take showers, and there was no shampoo/conditioner/soap in the dispensers. We also could not figure out our fireplace, but that may be on us.
Still really enjoyed our stay.

Room tip: Lake View room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I apologize for the boiler situation, I believe we were able to repair it rather quickly and I hope that the water was hot for the remainder of your stay. I will make sure to follow-up with housekeeping and remind them to triple check all dispensers. I am glad that despite some set-backs, you were still happy with your stay.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I came for a conference being held at the hotel. It was clean and the staff was hospitable. However, one of the best parts was the shuttle driver, Peggy! She was so kind and helpful. We love her!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business

I will make sure Peggy knows how much you enjoyed her company. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about her great service!

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

The room was clean and tidy and we had a view of the lake. It was a bit chilly and our room fireplace wasn’t working. But a call to the front desk sent a maintenance worker to promptly repair it. The hotel was kind of in their off season between summer and winter so the crowds were fairly thin. I read all the reviews both good and bad, my experience was that it was a great place to stay and watch sunrise and sunset. The ducks and geese were dining right in front of our ground floor window. They were entertaining to watch while safely tucked in our room with the patio door tightly closed. I don’t know what it was like in the height of their season, but in the transitional time, it was great.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

I am happy to hear that we were able to fix the fireplace in a timely manner. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.