All reviews rooms are very basic great location oatmeal heavenly gondola refrigerator and microwave heavenly village within walking distance breakfast is served large room the main drag hot tub would stay here again fresh fruit private beach can't beat the location bed was comfortable tahoe
Reviewed August 23, 2018

The location of the Bluelake Inn is great and the free pass to the beach was a added bonus. The hotel is looking a little tired though. Our room had black out curtains which were worn. The breakfast was dissapointing as it was mainly based on 2 cereals and a choice of 3 bagels. all woith plastic knives and spoons on polystyrene cups and plates. Then you sit at fold up tables or have to take your breakfast to your room as it only sits 16 people. Check in staff were great, but we found there was no conversation in the morning in general or asking if everything was ok.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swanny2015
Reviewed August 16, 2018

For this trip to Tahoe I was specifically looking for a property that allowed pets. I had stayed at another pet-friendly hotel in Tahoe earlier this year, but due to their "no leaving pets alone in the room" policy I decided to try a different hotel.

So glad I found the Bluelake Inn! I asked them specifically prior to our arrival if we could leave a dog in the room while we enjoyed an evening out, which we were told yes, we could! Woo!

The property is located in a perfect spot just a few minutes away from the lake and Heavenly Village. While it is a bit dated in decor, the room was clean, had all the basic amenities you needed, and the price was very affordable considering the location. Having a laminate floor in the pet-friendly rooms is something all hotels should think about--no worrying about the sand they drag in or hair they may leave behind for the next guest.

The staff were very friendly when checking in and gave great directions to nearby restaurants and other points of interest.

Continental breakfast (included in the price) was nothing to rave about but hey, it was complimentary ;) Noise level was average. There was an outdoor concert near Harvey's that could be heard but it's not like you can do anything about that, considering the location.

Next time I'm traveling with the doggo in Tahoe I will definitely check the availability here first!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2018

we booked two rooms here last July 20-21 for 2 families. It was on a weekend and its peak season so we paid $188.00 + tax for each room. During off season you can get a room here for $58.00/night. We stayed in room 216 and 218 (2nd floor), the rooms were clean and nice for an overnight stay. The staff are nice too, the location is great, 10-12 minutes walk to the beach and about 3 minutes walk to the town center. However, with the price we paid of $188.00 I was expecting a good breakfast. There breakfast is a bit late (0800-1000), they don't have Solid protein like eggs etc... just bread, fruits, bagels etc... at least a hard boiled egg will do.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I just have one word about Blue lake inn......awesome!!! The service, the rooms,and the location is perfect! I highly recommend staying here because there are three staff members who are just the friendliest people I've met. Their names are Veronica, Randall, and Trenton. They will make your stay enjoyable and they'll become friends. And shout out to the cleaning staff because they are great as well! Stay at blue lake inn people!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2018

It’s not the Marriott but it was clean and the front office responsive and friendly. Would definitely stay here again if the Marriott is full.
Beds comfortable, on site parking, close to beach park and to casinos.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends