“Amazing”
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
Ranked #53 of 66 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 13 January 2012

This was the best hotel we stayed in!! I would reccomend this to everybody who comes to South lake. Customer Service was outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley B
There are newer reviews for Travel Inn

Reviewed 5 November 2011

The location was perfect because the Lake is across the street and restaurants and markets are within walking distance to the hotel. The room was clean, comfortable and warm and there was cable tv and wireless internet connection. An added bonus was complimentary parking. Pets are not permitted which is perfect for me since I have asthma. The proprietors were warm and considerate every step of the way. All around a great experience and excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Travel Inn at South Lake Tahoe is a budget motel gone wrong. The room was filthy. There was blood on the toilet paper. The lights were broken. The pillows were ripped out. The shower did not drain. The counter outlets did not work. We had to contact the front desk for a TV remote. The drapes were missing pieces. The pool was unusable. The front desk double charged us, and attempted to triple charge, for the additional guest we noted on the initial reservation. Though we had paid for two nights (non-refundable), we left after one. Stay away.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank cnb7
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This was my second visit and on both occasions I thought the room was clean and everything in good condition. I see that a couple of reviewers had heater problems and I've no doubt that being cold will affect your opinion. I had no need for heat on either of my stays.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed at this motel for one night. First of all, the condition of the room was horrible and deserved the term "flea bag" motel room. There were missing tile pieces on the shower stall, unfinished walls, shower curtain had black moldew. The beds were ok, but the rest of the furniture was clearly old and deserved to be in a second hand store. No working phone in the room nor heat/ac. The final straw for me was when the male owner, an east Indian male,(race used just for identification) hovered over me while I was getting ice from their "complimentary" ice machine. I had a large bucket but was not intending to fill it up. He however felt I coudln't be trustworthy with his ice and stood in the door way of the room where the ice machine was located presumably to see how much I took. He had previously told me not to take too much ice so as to leave some for the other tenants. I felt this was horrible customer service/treatment and only added to the negative experience of the condition of the motel. In addition, the pool and hot tub they advertise was filled with less than appealing dark water which the above owner stated was "fine". I expressed to him I would be reviewing his motel and so I'm honoring that promise. Mind you this is the first time I have ever posted a review about anything and I truly understand the helpfullness of other reviews. Please do yourself a favor and spend more money on a decent place and not patronize this motel. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mayanking
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We found the Travel Inn to meet our needs both in price and location. If you are expecting a fancy motel/hotel with a lot of amenities, look elsewhere. For the value, the accommodations were adequate and the room was clean. The motel staff were very accommodating and the motel was within easy driving distance to the lake itself as well as area restaurants and casinos. South Lake Tahoe is beautiful and our stay was nice. If you want a budget motel this is the place!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2011

They offered us a family room because we had 5 people.The room was so nice and clean and had a beautiful view from the window!And we got a excellent price for it!The Internet is very convinient.All of 5 laptops connected with the good signal!The owners of the motel were so nice.We love there.We'll be back!

Room Tip: a family room for a group is really cheap and nice
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Lake Tahoe
0.1 km away
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
Budget Inn South Lake Tahoe
#76 of 119 in Lake Tahoe (California)
0.2 km away
Howard Johnson South Lake Tahoe
Howard Johnson South Lake Tahoe
#59 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
1.4 km away
National 9 Inn - South Lake Tahoe
National 9 Inn - South Lake Taho...
#42 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
1.2 km away
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Area
Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Are...
#55 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
0.1 km away
Days Inn South Lake Tahoe
Days Inn South Lake Tahoe
#57 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!