“Small cosy pub!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This place certainly seemed popular, not really any space for just a drink it's definitely a food pub. We had to wait for around 10 mins for a table to become available, then we were seated and ordered drinks. There is a wide selection on the menu and the portions are huge! Most people seemed to leave with a takeout box... especially toffee bread and butter pudding - which could be reheated and eaten later. They will also cook your catch of the day from the lake and serve it with fries etc. Cottage Pie was another popular dish. We went back again before leaving South Lake Tahoe and it was still as busy with a wait for tables.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed November 4, 2018

This Pub was right next to our hotel. I believe of the 4 days we were in South Lake we ate here 4 times! The baked Mac and Cheese is slap your Momma good! Draft beer ice cold and the desserts were AMAZING. Portion sizes are enough for 2. Chowder in the bread bowl is a MEAL in itself.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Great food, service, location is off the beaten path, great beer selection. Loved the burger, fries, salad, awesome home made bread pudding

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 27, 2018

The front desk staff at my hotel recommended MacDuff’s Pub for a quick, casual dinner. As the weather was mild, I decided to grab a table on the patio. Based on the recommendation of my server, I ordered the fish & chips. I received two large pieces of beer-battered haddock in a light, crispy, coating which was fried to a beautiful golden-brown. Paired with a Guinness, this was perfect pub food after a long day.

MacDuff's offered free wi-fi; only requiring that you enter your e-mail address for access. I thought it was a very nice touch when later that evening I received a thank-you e-mail for dining at MacDuff's.

Having enjoyed the laidback atmosphere and good food, I had a second dinner at MacDuff’s during my stay in South Lake Tahoe. I was not disappointed. On this visit, I ordered the pepperoni pizza, which a very nice, NY-style crust topped with plenty of spicy pepperoni.

MacDuff’s is the epitome of a great pub: local, casual, welcoming and good food.

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Eating outside in warmer weather is relaxing with a view of the lake. Eating inside in colder weather is more traditional pub atmosphere. Casual dining. Great Shepard’s pie. I highly recommend this. Fish and mashed potatoes also one of my favorites. I will definitely return again.