“Pretty Good Italian”

Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tep’s offers a large menu featuring all your favorite traditional Italian Fare — including pasta dishes, steaks, veal, chicken, seafood and fresh fish specials. We also offer a variety of Italian vegetarian dishes, a Pizza menu and a Child’s Portions Menu.
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I am not a connoisseur of Italian food but that is actually why I am writing this review. I go to Italian restaurants to make my wife and family happy. I don't love the food but I will eat it and don't hate it. Not a big pasta guy. That being said I was surprised by Tep's. It feels like an old school authentic italian food place. I have no idea how authentic it is though. I had a spaghetti and ravioli in a combo with a red meat sauce and I really enjoyed it. Half of our 8 person group got the lasagna and they loved it. This includes some actual person of Italian heritage so i'm assuming they might know a little about Italian food. Good atmosphere and the service was excellent. Beautiful location right across the street from the lake. It was an enjoyable meal. If you're in Lake Tahoe and have a hankering for Italian I don't think you will be disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 24, 2018

This is a small restaurant but they have great food. My wife had the lasagna, and I had penne with sausage, and both were the best we've ever had. Every entrée comes with a trip to a soup and salad bar that is very well-stocked. The service was excellent, and the prices very reasonable. I had one of their specialty drinks, I think it was called a Tahoe Twisted Lemonade, and it was delicious. Best of all, the prices were very reasonable, which is not common in the Tahoe area. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

It’s a gem in South Tahoe. Great food and wine and very courteous staff. I personally ordered Halibut which was dish of the day and it was delicious. The interior is neat and location is great! Go for it if you like Italian food!

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Go-to Italian restaurant in South Shore. Reasonably priced. Very nice salad bar and good minestrone soup. Very good service.

1  Thank Bob G
Reviewed June 19, 2018

some of the best italian i have had anywhere. the entire family enjoyed the food and the service staff was awesome. definitely a place to visit.