“Delicious breakfast.”

Getaway Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Getaway Cafe serves alpine comfort cuisine just a short distance from your favorite outdoor activities in South Lake Tahoe.
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

Great spot for breakfast, great service. Friendly and welcoming staff.
We tried the eggs Benedict and the omelette. Everything is fresh and tasteful.
Fair price and big plates.

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Hi Yara,
It's not often that we get reviews from half-way across the world, so I'm sending a special thank you for this one! I'm happy that you enjoyed your food and your experience at my little cafe. The Eggs Benedict is one of the hottest plates we've got, you chose well! We hope to see you again on your next Lake Tahoe trip.
Best wishes,

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a great breakfast with a large group. They did an excellent job of finding us a seat, serving us coffee while we were waiting and serving us after we were seated. The food was great (huge portions) and the experience was a lot of fun. Definitely recommend Getaway Cafe for breakfast. It does get busy so plan ahead!

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2017

Hi Matt,
Thank you for choosing The Getaway Cafe while on vacation in Lake Tahoe. I am happy to hear that you had an awesome experience at my restaurant. We love accommodating large groups - even though we are a small place, we know how to spoil everyone that comes in our doors (and we love doing it!). Thank you again, and we look forward to having you back!
Warm wishes,

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We've been here before and everything on the menu is great. Servings are enormous. My husband likes the biscuits and gravy. The chicken salad wrap was enough for 2 meals. The hamburger was 1/2 pound. The onion rings were crisp and well cooked.

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Hi Beth,
Thank you for being such a loyal customer and friend of The Getaway Cafe. We feel seriously blessed to have such a grateful and appreciative clientele. I appreciate your thoughtful review, and hope to see you soon.
Hugs,

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

The absolute best, not just in South Lake Tahoe area(Meyer), but anywhere. Food, service, atmosphere,and staff are all way above average. Sitting outside on a beautiful California day! Just ain't gonna get better than this. If there is a wait for seating, WAIT. You will not be disappointed.

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Hi!
Reading your review brightened my day. Thank you kindly. I truly appreciate all of your compliments, and I hope we get the opportunity to spoil you again soon.
All my best,

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Great little restaurant with an excellent menu. Not just your eggs and bacon place. Biscuits and gravy with egg and bacon was one of the best. Excellent gravy. The hangover was nice and spicy. Great service. Always refilling coffee and waters. I would go back here every time we visit. Two thumbs up.

Diane G, Owner at Getaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Hi Jerry!
Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your food and service. We hope you get the chance to come see us again soon!
Best wishes,