All reviews bike path microwave fridge budget hotel bar soap tube tv non smoking bed was comfortable per night skiing pros cons
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Room was great #125. Gary checked us in was very friendly. The pool looked great but we did not swim. The staff was very nice & when we called the front desk they delivered an extra towel for me. Great stay.

Room Tip: Our room #125 was perfect
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Got stuck in road from avalanche and couldn't go any further for 2 days. Luckily loving GF secured 1 of last rooms available from the quickly dwindling supply of hotels being scooped up by other stranded drivers. She gave them my name and they allowed me to pay when I got there. Such a great policy, btw. Basic but warm room. Saved me from having go sleep in my car. :)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jess X B
Reviewed February 1, 2018

This place is awful. The rooms were never made and there were dried pee stains on the toilet seat. I'm surprised I didn't catch any diseases by sleeping in my bed each night. Whoever the 'manager' of this place is should be fired and immediately replaced. I'd give this place less than one star if I could. Absolute trash. Please do yourself a favor and do not stay here. This location makes other Motel 6 look like the Ritz Carlton

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank CharlesEttenger
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Charles, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

My parents and I stayed here for one night. It wasn't horrible, but just right for our short stay to break up our traveling.
Here are the pros: We were able to check-in early at 2:00PM. The beds were clean and the sheets smelled fresh, we did the bed bug hunt and came up clean. The room comes with a tube TV with basic cable that works just fine. The shower has a hand rail for handicap use. The sink area was separate from the rest of the bathroom which was very efficient. There is a fenced off swimming pool in the middle of the parking lot. We requested a ground floor room near handicap parking, which we were given with no problems. The office staff was very friendly and helpful.
Cons: You have to pay for WiFi, the more you pay the faster the service (which didn't work for us most of the time). One of the queen beds was pushed right up against the AC unit, which seems like a fire hazard to me. The AC unit was filthy in the vents. There is no shampoo/conditioner/shower gel provided in the bathroom. While taking a shower, if someone else uses the water you lost pressure and got very cold. The walls and ceiling are very thin. You can hear conversation and people walking above you. One of the employees was hosing down the walkway while smoking a cigarette near the non-smoking rooms. None the less, it came in through our window and stunk the place up.
I wouldn't stay here for more than a couple nights. It was perfect literally just for sleeping and showering. I am just glad that we didn't have any bed bug problems.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Darlene G
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Front desk customer service was AWESOME. Too bad it doesn't filter down..was there for 5 nights total, two days no house keeping. Never saw a bar of soap left behind. Away from the desk, HK staff would never smile, great etc..
Trash was found on the room floor when I checked in. Bring an outlet cord. Few outlets. The postive, bed was comfortable, room was generally clean, the fridge and microwave worked flawless. Quite, despite traffic.. Never felt unsafe. TV ...tube type.. Was ok... Plenty of non scalding hot water. Would I stay again ? Perhaps....but only because of FD Staff.....all were great !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business