“Yum Yum Yum!!”

Base Camp Pizza Co.
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Established in 2012, this is the third restaurant for the Tahoe Restaurant Group. The two established restaurants are Fireside Pizza at Squaw Valley ski resort and Rubicon Pizza at Northstar ski resort. Headed by Ted Kennedy and Marc Vaccaro, the company is commited to a relaxed, family atmosphere with great food. All locations have games for the kids to play while they are waiting for their food.Base Camp Pizza Co. is the brainchild of long time friends Ray Villaman and Ted Kennedy. Ray is a 20 year restaurant veteran including - California Pizza Kitchen, Boston Market, the California Restaurant Association and even a short time as President of Blimpies.Come by and try some of our signature dishes: Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Smokey BBQ Chicken Pizza, Thai Chicken Curry Pizza, Italian Herb Shrimp Penne, and our signature Spaghetti Bolognese with Meatballs
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Great apres ski/village atmosphere & excellent pizza!!! Highly recommend! Bonus - live music during happy hour!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,149)

Reviewed December 13, 2017

My wife and I ate dinner at Base Camp Pizza on December 3, 2017. It was very busy but we experienced excellent service, very good pizza, and happy hour drinks. It is an awesome place on a Sunday night with great music. We split a walnut and pear salad and the big mountain pizza which were both very good. Our dinners were inexpensive. There is free parking around the restaurant but it can be hard to find at times. Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Came hear with family of four after ice skating. The restaurant was pretty packed both in and outdoors, but we asked for the first available table and were seated right away. Christian, our waiter was quick and friendly to greet us. He acknowledged the vacation club card i had and immediately put in the complimentary appetizer order and got our drinks order. Our complimentary appetizer was garlic bread, which was as expected; cheesy and garlicky. My kids described it as pizza bread. My wife ordered the classic tomato basil pasta with meatballs and the kids and I shared a large pepperoni pizza. The Pizza came out to the table hot, thin crusted and loaded with pepperoni. The kids and I enjoyed it and was pretty tasty. I'd compare it to an upgraded pepperoni pizza from Round Table. My wife's was equally tasty and very filling. They definitely did not skimp out on the roma tomatoes with this dish.
Overall, I'd consider this a pretty good family friendly restaurant with a pretty loud atmosphere that really caters to groups of 4 plus. Despite being really busy, the service I experienced was overall great from host to waiter. Christian, our waiter, was friendly and attentive. Food was tasty and as expected from this type of restaurant. I'd come back with the family or with friends.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

The pizza they serve are a little different, like using Brie cheese, goat cheese, etc.
They will add or substitute at your pleasure

You can take your dog if you sit outside and they even provide a water dish

Reviewed December 3, 2017

We were at this facility twice during our stay. Food was excellent. One meal was a Hawaiian Pizza, and found it to be one of the best Hawaiians that we have had.
The breakfast was also great, especially with the coffee and bailey's.
The facility also has live entertainment playing during the day so you can sit enjoy a meal &/or a drink while being entertained.