“Great food & service ”

Nephele's
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nephele's has been a local favorite since 1977. We specialize in fresh fish and fresh game as well as seasonal specialties. Check out our full service bar and extensive wine list!
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Ate here in December and January and had an outstanding experience both times.

The food is fantastic & the service top notch and friendly. We had our 5 year old with us on the second visit & they were very accommodating despite not having a kids menu (he loved their meatballs).

My favourite south lake restaurant.

Tim H, Owner at Nephele's, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

We're honored to be your favorite spot in the area! Thanks for bringing the whole family by for a meal. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're in South Lake Tahoe!

Cheers,

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Had the tuna for an appetizer and it was delicious. Service was good. Had the pork medallions for dinner and they were good. Dining room is small and intimate and overall our experience was good.

1  Thank SAHTN
Tim H, Owner at Nephele's, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal here! Thanks for appreciating our specialties. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Until next time,

Reviewed November 2, 2017

A nice place for a quiet dinner out. The escargot were very tasty. An excellent spinach salad — the best in town.

Tim H, Owner at Nephele's, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Thanks for considering our recipes the best in town! I'm glad you enjoyed our escargot and can't wait to welcome you back for another nice meal soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed October 31, 2017

My husband and I dined here one quiet Saturday in October and had a great experience. We started in the bar with drinks, then were seated when we asked (early). We had a delicious appetizer before dinner that involved cream cheese, andoulle sausage, and a sweet sauce. For dinner I chose the charred sirloin with the cognac peppercorn sauce. It came with sauteed vegies and everything was fabulous! My husband had the hangar steak with chimichurri sauce on the side and he enjoyed it very much. We were too full for dessert, but they sounded wonderful. We will stop by again next trip!

Tim H, Owner at Nephele's, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Kenipela, thank you for choosing our place to have a quiet meal, and I'm thrilled you were so pleased with everything. It sounds like the sirloin was a big hit with you, and I'm glad that was the case. I can't wait to welcome you back the next time you're in town.

Thanks,

Reviewed October 7, 2017

Superb spot for a quiet dinner. My husband's Charred Aged Top Sirloin was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented; my Hawaiian Style Crab Cakes were perfect and again, perfectly presented. We shared a toffee ice cream cake for dessert. There are only eight tables, so reservations are probably required in high season. It's about three blocks off the main drag on Ski Run Boulevard, easy to find. We look forward to our next visit!

1  Thank lcat3
Tim H, Owner at Nephele's, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Thank you for your high praise! I'm so pleased you enjoyed our creative cuisine and tasty desserts. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in the neighborhood.

All the best,